Find
Notify
Tools

Powder measure
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guys from Australia,
Can I bring a powder measure through customs without causing a stink? Will they make me have the "proper paperwork" A mate of mine is starting to reload and wants an electronic scale and I can save him a ton of money on it.

Thanks

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1100 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Hmm probably better to shoot an email to customs. I would make sure its VERY clean so as not to draw the machines or dogs attention. Will it be in your checked bags?

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7991 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, sir and it will be brand new.

Guns and hunting

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
If it has never had powder in it, there should be no problem. Getting it out after you've used here it may not be so simple.

Posts: 5002 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not going to bring it home, gonna leave it with a mate of mine.

Guns and hunting

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gents,
I don't want to sneak it in............. If I need to get paperwork, it ain't worth it.

Guns and hunting

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
You should be OK BUT I'd ask customs. As soon as you declare anything gun related it will draw the crabs. Better get advice from the horses mouth.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7991 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AND print it out to show them too.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5956 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't think of any reason it would be illegal, at the Aus. end to bring in a reloading scale. for the most part, I haven't seen a problem with the Australian end. and since it's a scale, could be used for weighing anything, just make sure it's clean so no coke smell left, lol.

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be bothered asking Border Force, that just puts silly thoughts in their heads, and there's enough silliness going on there already.

A powder measure is not a gun, a gun part, a sight or any component of ammunition. If it has no trace of powder, it has no relevance in explosive worries, either. You might wipe it out with a gentle solvent, just in case it was used for some test before you got it.

Posts: 5002 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
I wouldn't be bothered asking Border Force, that just puts silly thoughts in their heads, and there's enough silliness going on there already.

What the heck is 'Border Force'?

Is it an enforcement unit related to the 'Main Force Patrol' of some domestic notoriety?

All The Best ...

Posts: 813 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 October 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Is that one of those items on the goofy restricted item list leaving the US?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4238 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good advice. Email them and keep a copy of the reply. It is just a measuring scale. Same category as gold scale.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3342 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Border Force is the new name for a government department that replaces Customs but may have a couple of ugly enforcement elements added, and a Minister you wouldn't want to meet on a dark night Smiler

Regarding restricted items, I couldn't even get a US shop to send me a two-quart GI water bottle a few years ago. Fortunately, I was able to get the same thing from England, with cheaper postage.