Notify
Tools

The chance to buy some great duck shooting
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted
http://www.duckshootingpropert...m/Menu/The-Price.php

If anyone here does buy this lake,i'm happy to look after things,when you are not in New Zeland clap

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a shame it's illegal to sell any type of duck shooting here.

Happy hunting

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What do you mean??? You cant offer it as a guided option???

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can't sell duckshooting, or access to ducks, but they seem to get around it by not getting caught.

Posts: 4254 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can guide people on ducks, it is illegal to sell any kind of hunting right's to the land/water way's.

Happy hunting

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you had a private lake you could sell it as a hunting option though right??

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can sell the property the lake is situated on, for whatever purpose.

Posts: 4254 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Out of idle curiosity, what is the logic of that law? It seems kind of odd to me especially considering the problems with geese in your country.

Posts: 11975 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its intended to keep thing egalitarian by preventing the wealthy from buying up the best shooting.

posted Hide Post
That was my understanding about paying clients for duck shooting. That said if you look on most NZ hunting operators websites they offer duck and goose shooting... not for free I bet!

Anyway I am better located to look after that property...Ah nice and close to Ellesmere.

Joe

Posts: 5 | Location: Christchurch NZ formerly Bonny Scotland | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
@HighlandStalker: Very easy to get around the law for operators. Restricting access to your clients only (i.e. don't let locals shoot) is not a problem since it is within the law. Then let your clients shoot for free and charge them for something else - i.e. "guiding". As long as "duck shooting fee" does not appear on the invoice everything is ok.

Posts: 10 | Location: Upper Hutt, New Zealand | Registered: 23 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wasn't able to access the site through the URL listed. Can you fill us in on what is for sale? How many acres of land, how many acres of water, how many hunters will the property support, what improvements are on the property. Where is this located? And of course, what is the asking price. Any chance of gernerating any income from the property?

Don't ask me what happened, when I left Viet Nam, we were winning.

Posts: 444 | Location: Rockport, Texas | Registered: 19 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted Hide Post

Posts: 356 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote