New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Aussie Handguns
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well Wallace I handed in three guns 2 parra p16 40 cals 1 p14 45 all customised with 34 mags collected a total of $14375.00 of tax payers dollars (a bit of mine as well. the lady said to me you must be happy with that stuppid me said like hell the MAN IN CHARGED pulled me off to one side to go through the list again JUST TO MAKE SURE. F*** them I went off that week and bought a glock and six mags and a sweet custom second hand 686 in 357 mag.
Hippy from the bush.

Posts: 115 | Location: Hills of North Qld | Registered: 30 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I handed in my Springfield 45 I paid $350 for it and got $2000 used the money to buy a S&W Model 28 and a mark x mauser in 9.3x62

Posts: 249 | Location: Australia | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The biggest cheque I've heard of so far was $23 000 and the guy is still shooting.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Not forgetting the 45/38 Bain - Davis cartridge....nothing new in handguns my friend...

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
obviously my previous post relates to BwanaBobs missive on the necked 45 ACP cartridge

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Bain and Davis was based on a 44 Mag case for revolvers,but I know what you mean.
Some others,9x25Dillion,9mmAE,357Auto mag,357sig,38Cassul.
Plenty of possibilities to choose from.Who can up with these rules needs shafting like a poofta chook.

I had a model 32(compact)Glock in .357sig.I'm waiting to see what comes out in the next 6 months.I loved that caliber,will try to replace it with something similar.

Mate of mine has a Tokarov in 7.62x25? the barrel was a little short so he fitted a barrel extension.He loves that little screaming round as the FMJ ammo goes though level one armour like it was butter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not a pistol shooter, but this buy back stuff reminds me of the time, years ago, when any semi-auto rifle had to be surrendered. I ahd a really good Win 490 22 that I bought from a mate for $10. It had spent a couple of nights in the bottom of his pool! His wife had the sh*t's with him, and threw the gun into the pool a couple of nights before. Had a tiny bit of rust, but still shot like a house on fire!! Surrendered the gun, got something like $300 bucks for it (hey, I was happy), but it didn't stop him putting a bullet through his head a couple of years ago using a bolt action 223!! Unfortunately, I was the one who found his body!! Didn't stop the use of semi auto's in SW Sydney over the last few months, when are the pollies going to learn that stopping law abiding people from owning guns will not fix the (perceived) problem? I also know heaps of people who have semi auto rifles (SKS, Jungmans, etc.,) that they have kept? Breath deeply, through the diaphragm!!!! Shits me to tears!!

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
I visited my favourite gunshop (Carl Scholtz) today. Two coppers walk in and ask for some spare 15 shot magazines for their Glocks, "I,m sorry" says Merv, "It's illegal to sell them and if I could sell them it would be only to you blokes. I guess you will have to stop the crims with only 10 shots! I do stock spare 10 shot mags, would you like some of those?"

The horrible look on their faces was priceless, and we pissed ourselves laughing after they left

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let me see! A deranged killer shoots two people dead at Monash Uni and we have a National handgun buyback

A bunch of coppers kill a 26yo unarmed bloke with capsicum spray and the police Commissioner says that's OK.

Surely someone in authority must realise that this shit is lethal, otherwise why can women buy it to defend themselves?

Any input from USA, do your police use this stuff to subdue violent drunks?

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't figure out why the coppers aren't sued for Manslaughter????
Same with the cowboy coppers in Redfern,the kids bike had a buckled back wheel where it was shunted by the cop car.

one of us
posted Hide Post
BadAss, peace officers are routinely issued pepper gas. You have to get gassed in order to qualify to have and use the gas. It doesn't work with a shit on anybody who is under the influence, whether dead-drunk or drugs. Before I would gas somebody, I'd rather cap him.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I,ve seen news footage last year where the police sprayed a bloke actually in handcuffs because he wouldn't calm down. Surely use on an unarmed man or someone in handcuffs cannot be justified under any circumstances!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Suspects under the influence who were handcuffed have been known to break the cuffs and injure anybody and everybody around them. I must agree with your statement at face value, but not having been there at these particular instances I would really like to know the circumstances that led up to this. Remember that the use of gas precludes distance as far as your safety is concerned. You're really too close to the suspect. If you're not careful, the gorilla beats the shit out of you and then takes your gun and kills you. That would lead to another gun ON THE STREETS that is being used by a criminal.

one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
Far Canal and Muzza,

No one said that the .38JWH was an original idea, and I am quite aware of the other .38/45 cartridges. However, the .38JWH is one way of keeping your .45ACP handguns and, at the same time, making a political statement that should strike to the very heart of that little gun-hating weezle!

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If we ever meet Bob it's my shout,I like the cut of your jib. Strike away brother.

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

at the same time, making a political statement that should strike to the very heart of that little gun-hating weezle!

Maybe someone could draw a target on his flak-jacket too.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
Did any of you guys see the bronze statue of little Johnny in over-sized uniform, with slouch hat and rifle, that was impounded in the ACT? The statue was the work of the artist who did the nudes of the Queen and Prince Phillip some years back.

I think that all Aussie shooters should throw in $10 each to buy the statue (it is valued at $30,000) and we should then have it displayed somewhere prominent. Outside Kirribili House would be one place I would like to see it, or on the Anzac Bridge opposite the bronze statue commemorating real Australians.

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All I can find with a picture of "LITTLE JONNY" is this
http://backpagesblog.com/weblog/archives/000253.html
not in great detail but it give you an idea.

Posts: 115 | Location: Hills of North Qld | Registered: 30 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks BAW I think E.T. is better looking

one of us
posted Hide Post
The ABC reports that a "one-tonne bronze statue of Prime Minister John Howard in an oversized Anzac uniform erected near Old Parliament House in Canberra has been removed by police. Melbourne artist Greg Taylor put the statue, named "If the Boots don't fit", at Reconciliation Place to make a political statement." Anyone seen a photo?

Update: Photo added from "Spike" (thanks warbo), which reports that this was no cheap shot, costing the artist $30,000 to create. Featuring Howard "in an oversized Digger's uniform, enormous boots and clutching a rifle", the artist said his work "sought to draw attention to Howard's 'smallness' in a metaphysical, spiritual and political sense". The Canberra Times reported that this was a first for the artist, who has only ever scultpured the naked form in the past. "In this case I just couldn't bring myself to do it", he said yesterday.