New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm Back
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Got back yesterday. Had a good time on the Gold Coast. Of course we hit it at Indy time and ended up getting stuck by the change in traffic conditions Roll Eyes

We bought the rain with us but only had two rained out days at the theme parks. Gold Coast is a shit hole (IMHO sofa)To many people!!! I kinda got freaked out by all the traffic on the roads, guess I'm to used to Katherine traffic (or lack there of)

The boys fed the dolphins at Tin Can Bay, not a fed in sight, Big Grin Good old QLD govmerment and their back flips. I did get into trouble from the wife when I heckled the guy giving the dolphin talk roflmao No sense of humor those dolphin people Wink

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7990 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
What? You're back? ....and no dead pig photos???

Very disappointing!

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
To many people!!! I kinda got freaked out by all the traffic on the roads, guess I'm to used to Katherine traffic (or lack there of)

You gotta dodge the brudders though.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
quote:
You gotta dodge the brudders though.

I was in Bundaberg last Wednesday and near got wiped out by the KKK

"Kool Koon with a Komodore" drove straight through a red light!

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
You are more likely to get run over by a licence-less asian or a drunk non-indigenous person of colour over here . Dont you all watch Motorway Patrol?

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4462 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Our big danger here Muzza is the European driver. One German bloke killed a young boy and took of back to Germany Mad

Then there was the asian family that drove their hire car out of Darwin Airport, had an accident (don't know if anybody was injured) caught a taxi back to the airport and took the first plane home.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7990 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Is this like an American comming down and driving. First time I drove in the UK shit. Almost had a real wreck. Caught on after a few days.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
In our touristy places we have kindly painted big white arrows on the side of the road you are meant to be on - just for you guys who drive on the wrong side at home ...

Still manage to see tourists on the wrong side here tho - reflex actions make you swing away the way you would at home .

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4462 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Easy_Rollins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
You are more likely to get run over by a licence-less asian

Don't worry we've got them here too. Roll Eyes

Regards,Shaun.

Kids in the back seat cause accidents,accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Posts: 479 | Location: Brisbane,Australia. | Registered: 28 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Kool Koon with a Komodore"

roflmao roflmao

Posts: 789 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
I know a KIWI that has lived here for several years. He dropped by to pick me up for a road trip. Made a left turn out of the driveway, right into the wrong lane. The good part was there was no oncoming traffic. I told him that it would be a good idea to change lanes as he was not in NZ or OZ.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote