Find
Notify
Tools

Just booked a hunt w/Alpine Hunting in NZ
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted
Wasn't planning on hunting in New Zealand anytime soon, but found myself booking a hunt there for May 2004.

Going to take care of one of their Stags for them, seems they have one too many!

Of course a report and pictures will follow.

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Holy....Wendell, that are huge stags!

Better start moving those other trophies out of the way a little bit to make room for one of those!!

Plan on doing a little tahr or chamois hunting at the same time? You're running into the rut of the chammies there....

Frans
Terra Incognita North America
www.terrahunt.com

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Good luck.

Any indication where?

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
We are hunting on Shanes ranch, on the North Island. After the Stag I am going to fly to the South Island and see his Tahr/Chamois area.

Maybe I will trip and fall into a bunch of money between now and then and be able to hunt the Tahr and Chamois.

I am not holding my breath.

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
<DavidP>
posted
I'm sure that Stag has a bad case of lead poisoning in his future. Good luck and I can't wait to hear about the place when you get back.

posted Hide Post
I hope you make it to the South Island for a Thar and Chamois. Numbers are good and success likely but weather dependent.

Posts: 7 | Location: Canterbury, New Zealand | Registered: 01 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wendell, I spent time with Shane last year at the Detroit SCI. Myself, Shane Quinn, Pieter Stoffberg, Peter Harris, and some others spent the whole night tossing back refreshments of choice and talking. I saw video of his operation although I havnt been on his place yet. Looks to be first class all the way. Impressive animals and scenary. Shane is down to earth and easy to talk to. He is a very likeable fellow. You should get along well. He is very passionate about what he does. You really should try to put together the chamois and tahr as well. He usually has some sort of package deal but I am sure you know that already. His place is on my list for next year unless something else gets cancelled out.

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote