Find
Notify
Tools

rental firearms availability in NZ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted
i am interested in hunting NZ next year and the research i have done so far via websites never seem to mention if rental rifles are available. i have gotten to where i just don't like the hassle of international travel with a gun and just rented rifles in Africa and New Caledonia for the last 4 trips. are there NZ outfitters that can furnish a rifle?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Most , if not all , the hunting guides who service the international hunting fraternity will have firearms available for just the reason you state.

just ask 'em.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Funny this post came up as i was browsing only two days ago and found a place renting rifles here in Oz...including a 338 Lapua ffs.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
damn glad to hear this. if i can pick up a good deal at the upcoming SCI convention. i maybe headed south in a few months!!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
you should make sure to ask if any hunt is free range or enclosure too. Most guys will do either but you might have a preferance either way . Saves getting a savaging on here if you report on a canned hunt .....

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote