one of us
posted
so who went and did they do any good?

Posts: 249 | Location: Australia | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
NO ITS RABBIT SEASON!

Couldn't let that go past

Posts: 7980 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are those politicians or tree huggers flying through the air ? I get all them yellow bellies mixed up

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I messed up big this year. I had my nephew coming to work on the farms on weekends and back in February completely missed the duck opening on the swamps. Didn't even realise it. Not that it matters as the public swamp I go to has next to no shooters now so one of the other days is just as good.

Back home here it has been very dry so not many ducks around yet. Hasn't really rained since October. (it can hold off now for 3 weeks until vintage is over!)

I have a river (creek) running through the middle of my property but it is dry most of the year. When flowing it usually is home to a dozen ducks and I treat it as a reserve. I only shoot them on other peoples properties . Always a few dozen ducklings floating around later in the year.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
can you guys still hunt ducks legally ? I thought some States had banned duckshooting due to pressure from the looney animal rights idiots .
Fortunately we dont have that problem (yet) , and our season starts first Saturday in May and runs for two months . Should be a good year too , lots of young ducks survived this spring so numbers should be up for a change .Often if the spring weather is warm and grass growth is very good the little duckies get lost in the long grass. Course if it is really cold you get high losses due to exposure , but this year was an in between season .

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
South Australia more or less has the same duck season we have always had. Maybe a bag limit a duck or two less, but then I am hopeless at duck shooting and never shoot a bag limit and if I do don't like plucking that many anyway.

Wood duck bag limits due to over-population is unlimited and wood ducks and black ducks (you have these too) are the main ones around here.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote