Find
Notify
Tools

RSPCA Campaign to end ALL duck hunting
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted
Take a look at this link and let all of us shooters get involved in fighting this one. Even if you are not a duck hunter, we need to band together and continue the fight because once the bunny huggers win, in one area, they will just move onto the next until, if they have their way, there will not be any hunting or fishing left at all. It seems to me that we have a long fight on our hands, with the RSPCA, until they wind their heads in and stick to what they are supposed to do:

http://www.rspca.org.au/how-yo...mpaigns/hunting.html

Just take a look at some of the quotes on this page:

"Hunting animals is not a sport. Killing animals should not be treated as a sport or recreational pastime."

and...

"Did you know that for every 10 ducks bagged, 6 are crippled?"

Where is the scientific evidence, that they purport to live by, in this statement?

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Interesteing site that one BB. I had a bit of a flick through it.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7991 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
Bloody hell!

So, are they saying or implying that that chicken farming is Ok or are they implying that all forms of animal farming for meat must end? I mean, in the grand scheme of things, farming would be the place to attack first, right? Or are they thinking that meat is produced in supermarkets?
Anyway, what qualifies these 'otherwise good folks' to want to ban hunting? Are they all vegetarians? homer

Oh, doesn't the dog and cat food they feed their dogs and cats contain meat?

Maybe next they will advocate poisoning all the dingo's in Oz because they kill things they eat!

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately the RSPCA seems to have been taken over by radical animal liberationists and are have fallen off the tree.

They should no longer enjoy their "privileged" status of tax deductibility for donations nor official gov't recognition. One thing we should be lobbying for.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
From the page I gather there are areas where waterfowling is banned outright? That's some scary stuff, gents.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yes mate Queensland is one such place. That makes things hard when whistle ducks fly over your house every night and woodies graze on your front lawn Big Grin

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7991 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply, Bakes. Woodies in the front lawn, eh? Hmm. Well now, then that's a problem needing addressed! Do snares specfically fall under the anti-hunting laws? hilbily

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Ah I think that would be frowned on mate. Big Grin