THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOWN UNDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Australian and New Zealand Hunting    14.5 Inch Bull tahr 9.5 Inch Chamois in Westland New Zealand

Moderators: Bakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

14.5 Inch Bull tahr 9.5 Inch Chamois in Westland New Zealand
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Weathered
posted
A collage of a seven day hunt in Westland.
Please excuse my poor editing

14.5 Inch bull tahr hunt

Posts: 250 | Location: Arrowtown | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Great footage of some rugged part of the west coast. Landsborough ?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Weathered
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
Great footage of some rugged part of the west coast. Landsborough ?

No not the landsborough I will be culling Shelter Hollow in the Landsborough in January. This is somewhere else on the West coast near Hokitika.
The Landsborough is mainly foot access we flew to this site legally them camped/walked all over the watershed.
I will put up a story on this hunt later this week.

Posts: 250 | Location: Arrowtown | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Nice country around Hokitika.
Hunted the Styx valley and spent some wet days up on the tops on the south side of the Hokitika River with Dave McClunies son in the 90's.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
Those mountain animals are pretty and amazingly tough to survive in that country.

I've always heard you can't trip a goat. You can sure see why in that footage. A friend of mine in Alaska says every now and then a mountain goat will fall to its death but it doesn't happen very often. Appears to be the same for Chamois and Tahr.

I'm certain you will be glad you documented the experience like you did for many years to come. You did quite a good job. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Always refreshing to read from someone that actually gets out there and does it....well done to you Weathered.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice video - someone forgot to tell those bulls what time of year it is.

Posts: 35 | Location: South Island New Zealand | Registered: 19 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Great footage! Thanks for sharing. Would like to try my luck for one of these one day. Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote