Find
Notify
Tools

Aussie SMLE Stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Guys

I'm after a stock for a SMLE, the pattern I want is the Lithgow Sporter style, the one that they used on their 22 Hornet conversions. This has a pistol grip with no monte carlo. Sort of looks quite classic to me. I've never seen one this side of the ditch, but plenty on rifles on the net. I've asked a few aussie dealers but no go.

I was thinking that unless someone here can scare one up I'd try advertising on a Aussie forum . . . question, what is the most popular "local" aussie forum.

Cheers - Foster

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tentman,

can't help directly, but I reckon a similar request on this site http://www.australianhunting.net/ (click the 'forum' tab), should get you the help you're after, and you'll probably see a few familiar names as well... coupla tips, put your location in your profile, and IIRC, you need something like 5 posts before you can access the 'For Sale and Wanted' sections - easy to do .. there's an Introductions and new members thread, and ask a few questions in the 'off topic' thread... which can include your initial request.

I'm pretty sure it's the largest forum on our side of the ditch, and certainly has a good spread of people with lots of different interests..

See how you go, if you have no joy, drop a line to Ray Jansa at http://www.jansa.com.au/menu1.html

If you get stuck, let me know.

Cheers,

RU

A gun is a tool. A moron is a moron. A moron with a hammer who busts something is still just a moron, it's not a hammer problem. Daniel77

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
RU...stop poaching our members Big Grin Wink

There is a guy in Brisbane who deals in Military rifles. I'll see if I can scare up his number.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
RU...stop poaching our members Big Grin Wink

There is a guy in Brisbane who deals in Military rifles. I'll see if I can scare up his number.

Sorry Bakes, that wasn't my intention. Please delet my post if you feel it's inappropriate.

A gun is a tool. A moron is a moron. A moron with a hammer who busts something is still just a moron, it's not a hammer problem. Daniel77

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
No mate...just stirrin stir Wink

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
No mate...just stirrin stir Wink

Bastard beer