New
Find
Notify
Tools

NZ gun permits
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anyone tell me how one could get the paperwork for import of my guns in advance?

Thanks.

Posts: 11963 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Here you go Larry -

http://www.police.govt.nz/service/firearms/infosheet06.html

You just need to front up to the Police counter at the airport of entry to New Zealand and they will issue you with a visitors firearms permit .

I suspect if you contact the New Zealand Embassy in Washington DC you may be able to get the paperwork done earlier , but it should only take ten or fifteen minutes on arrival .

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 11963 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Larry,

When I went, I downloaded the forms, filled them out, scanned and emailed them to the NZ police office at the Auckland airport.

Once I picked up my luggage, I headed there to get my permit. Everything was ready and waiting for me. It was a simple matter of paying the fee and I was done. Took all of about 10 minutes for two of us. We then went through customs and rechecked our luggage for the flight to Christchurch. -TONY

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of highlander
posted Hide Post
One further thing to remember is to have the $25.00 in Cash and NZ dollars, the Police don't have credit card processing and its a pain in the butt to go out of customs find a cash exchange and get back into the customs area to the police.

Posts: 263 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 08 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Highlander,

It's about impossible to get NZ money since the police office is adjacent to the arrival area in the Auckland international terminal. BUT...They had no problem accepting my U.S. dollars. -TONY

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote