Find
Notify
Tools

NZ crop in these scenes
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted
What would they plant in rows like this on the hillsides of NZ. Video is of feral hog clearing but the plantings got my curiousity up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=mF0PEsYtldU

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi there
They're Pine Trees

Regards Runas

War is inevitable, if idiots are in charge of countries

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I could not see the video as I am not a member, but if they are in NZ then maybe they are marijuana plants!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gidday Guys

Runas is correct they are Pine trees.

Peter dope plants are grown a lot closer together and not in rows (they are too easy to spot in rows and the police spot them too easily).

Before anyone gets the idea that I may be an illegal horticulturalist I would like to state that if you spend much time in the NZ outdoors you will eventually come across someones patch. When you do you just back off and give the area a wide berth as the owners tend to be rather nasty types who have a habit of leaving nasty surprises for those who are too curious.

Happy Hunting

Hamish

Posts: 588 | Location: christchurch NZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The other thing the pot growing assholes do is plant their crops under high tension power lines within pine plantations so the police heilcopters cant get close enough to see them, or spray.
My mate who is in the force, is a hunter,crops he comes across in the bush also get a wide berth but are marked on his GPS and coordinates are passed on to the drug squad.

Runas

War is inevitable, if idiots are in charge of countries

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With Quote