Find
Notify
Tools

A bit O.T. but funny
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Avatar
posted
My girlfriends mum and her new boyfriend were driving back to Adelaide on one the local Barossa back roads the other afternoon.
Now this guy tends to drive a bit too fast at times so she's telling (nagging) him there are heaps of roo's around here so take it a bit easy, slow down etc.
She just finishes saying this when a big old roo jumps out in front of his 3 week old Toyota Avalon and Whammo!
He stops the car etc
Not too much damage to the car but the kangaroo still seems to be alive on the side of the road.

So.... being the complete townie that this guy is, he decides he had better put it out of its misery...... by strangling the farker with his bare hands........ Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Anyway, the old roo decides that being strangled isn't too flash so it gets up and gives him a couple of big kicks and lays his hand open pretty badly and then hops off into the bush.
So it's off to the local country hospital for half a dozen stitches in the hand, tetnus shots and an overnight stay.

Made my day......... Big Grin

Posts: 408 | Location: The Valley, South Australia | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
eek2
Hanging on to the neck of a pissed of old roo would not be a pleasant place to be.

Used to carry a nice wooden fighting stick for this but a friendly chat with a Bikie suggested that my clubbing wounded animals on the side of road excuse doesn't stand up to police questioning.

I now have a very solid 1 foot plus shifter for removing the toe ball Wink

Posts: 143 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
He is lucky the roo didn't hook his guts out with its hind legs.

Any wild animal will find a spark of adrenalin to fight off close attack even if badly damaged. The roo may have had internal damage and still died.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Avatar
posted Hide Post
quote:
The roo may have had internal damage and still died.

Yeah, you're probably right Nitro.
For a large(ish) animal they are very lightly contructed and I would be surprised if it survived for long.
Hardly a mark on the car though, just glanced it by the looks of it.
They seem to be everywhere now that we've had a bit of rain around the place.

Posts: 408 | Location: The Valley, South Australia | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote