Find
Notify
Tools

Goats
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shehuntz
posted
I was just wondering if anyone else had come across a goat with really laid back horns?

I have a clients mount i am working on and i have never seen goat horns so laid back like this. Before caping i noted that these ones are almost laid flat along his neck.
One totally wierd looking goat.

I was in two minds as to whether to alter it to 'the norm'
but then decided against that as this is how it looked when shot and, more importantly,i was given no instruction from the client to do so.

Posts: 227 | Location: Australia. | Registered: 23 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
In our part of NZ we have goats with wide spread horns and the close back type ones . The wide spread ones stem from angora escapees from back in the days of the road construction gangs of the 1890's , when they moved camp they rounded up the goats in the herd that were close and the ones left escaped to become feral.The other ones are from later farm escapers , they do interbreed and mix all the time.

I guess the goat you are working on is special to the hunter , and to change it would destroy the integrity of the animal - what he had on the wall wouldnt be what he had hunted .If the guy wanted his goat modified he would have given instructions that way . Good call on your part .

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote