New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Aussie Handguns
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I love the caliber designation Bob BUT it's been done before in 1963,the 45-38 Clark.

one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
I had to hand in both of my guns - a ParaOrdnance .45 and a Steyr .40 and because there are so many other pistol shooters who had to hand in their guns and are trying to buy replacements, the market is overstretched and I won't be able to get a gun for another couple of months. I was planning on competing in the IPSC nationals at Easter but I won't score particularly well running around pointing my finger at the targets and shouting "bang, bang".

But I seem to recall that our wonderful Prime Minister promised that the handgun buyback would not affect the competition shooters - well, it has certainly affected me and almost every other IPSC shooter that I know. Maybe what little Johnnie Howard really meant to say was that the handgun buyback won't affect the criminals? Yes, that must be it.

As to what I will be buying next? ....well, the money I got from the buyback is earmarked for a new Kimber .38 Super and I am also going to build up a .38JWH. What is a .38JWH you ask? JWH stands for John Winston Howard and the cartridge, a .45ACP necked down to .357, is named for him which we hope will piss him off severally, being the deceitful, gun-hating little twit that he is.

If anyone is interested in the .38JWH, Kings barrels (both supported and unsupported) are available in that calibre and headstamped (.38JWH) brass will also be available although it is easy to resize .45ACP cases. The .38JWH will push out a 130grain projectile at about 1200 to 1300 f.p.s so it is no slouch of a cartridge.

It really pisses me off that I had to surrender my .45 but I can own a .38Super and a .38JWH which will out perform the .45 by a large margin. There is no doubt in my mind that little Johnnie, and his advisors who put all of our current gun laws together, got all of their firearms knowledge from watching Bruce Willis and Arnie on TV. It also amazes me how little Johnnie has repeatedly stated that he does not want Australia to follow the US, in regards to the so-called 'gun culture' but while he sprouts this nonesense he overlooks the fact that the murder rate in the US is decreasing and, despite these dictatorial laws, the murder rate in Australia is increasing - explain that John Winston Coward!

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Now that the Aussie handgun grab is in the wind down phase, are you still got all your guns or did you hand them in for $$$$$

I still got my 6x38+ cals, but had to surrender 3 short barrels. Used the money to buy a Sharps 50/70 and a Ruger single six.

I wish to thank all the Australian tax payers whose dim-witted, peanut-brained, dumb-fuck local politian made my two new guns possible.

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bigbore rifles are next. Woohoo!

Soon we will be logging on here to remember what guns were like,whilst we sit up at night hoping some wing wang fucks with us so we can slingshot him.

Real big game hunting Aussie style

Karl.

Posts: 3532 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah,I feel soooo much safer knowing all those evil guns are off the streets and melted down into manhole covers.

Now if someone could tell those young chaps of "middle eastern and asian appearance"in western Sydney to hand theirs in.

I can't wait to hear of the next shoot out to come on the news from the Westies.