New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Pricks!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
BAW I went to the gunshow on the weekend and Merv was complaining that 2 people who were supposed to help him setup and run the shop at the show....did not show.

He said something about one of them being crook. I buy something off him most shows even if it's just a few packs of projectiles. I see he had col working for him.

I like merv he is a no nonsense kind of guy.

Posts: 91 | Location: Brisbane, Australia. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Yeah! I had a dose of the galloping shits & Rod had a detached bicept. We got the gear down there Friday for him to set up and I went home and sweated out a fever for 15 hours.
On Monday Merv had the same shits/vomiting virus and the security company rang the shop at 9.20pm to ask why the alarm had not been turned on; Merv had passed out from exhaustion in the back room of the shop.
Poor bastard, it's a hard trade running a gunshop on your own!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Farcanal,

Chances are the importer isn't screwing you. They've got export permits to apply for to get the guns out of the US. Then they've probably got to get import permits Aussie side. Then maybe Aussie customs will take a percentage?

Then figure for the cost of freight half way round the planet.

Then they've got to store then distribute the guns plus all the government mandated gun control paperwork to do.

Also all US prices are quoted excluding sales tax. Are yours?

If you truly believe that the importers profits are massive why don't you set up against them and make yourself a nice easy million a year while undercutting the established competition?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Turtle,You crack me up.

This is a picture of NIOA's new state-of-the-art warehouse from their website.I get a sore arse everytime I look at this picture.Screwed? Perish the thought.