Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what chrony to buy
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking at buying a chrony and would appreciate some input. I am leaning toward the pact pro.thanks for the help

Posts: 19 | Location: Minn | Registered: 25 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got the Oehler 35p when they first came out and it still works fine.

VFW

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 14 yr old Oehler 35 is still working fine, too.
Sako

Posts: 81 | Location: Savannah, Georgia | Registered: 03 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used a Chrony Beta Master for about five years and find that it's easy to setup, use and have no complaints at all.

I really like having the remote display right at the bench when I'm shooting.

sometimes naps just happen...

Posts: 128 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I just got a pact professional. Won't be able to get to the range untill the 20th Feb. Will give details later.

posted Hide Post
will have to wait untill next weekend.we had thick fog most of the day on sunday.i wont be able to get to the range untill sunday.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Buy an Oehler, they speak English! If and when you have to call them!
Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Oehler 35p is wonderful!!!

Posts: 478 | Location: Central Indiana | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Nice thing with the oehler,,if you screw up,you only replace the eye. I tryed to do some chrono readings on less than optimal days,Hit an eye one time,,but it still reads. If it had been any other unit,I think I would have smoked the whole thing. Have fun!! Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
Oehler 35P-I've had one for 11 or 12 years and never had any serious problems. If you do have a problem their service after the sale is second to none. Jim

99% of the democrats give the rest a bad name.

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I finally was able to get to the range. the pact professional worked just fine.This is my first chronograph, so I have not been able to play with all the features yet.I will post more information in the future.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by turko77:
I am looking at buying a chrony and would appreciate some input. I am leaning toward the pact pro.thanks for the help

I guess it depends on what features you are looking for - printing, averaging, etc. A basic functional unit would be the Alpha Chrony. You can get them for about $75

Doug

Posts: 294 | Location: Waunakee, WI USA | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
For as long as I can remenber Oehler has been advertised in the American Rifleman.When I bought I got the Oehler 35p.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an F1 Shooting Chrony. It works very well. The only complaint I have is that I wish I would have spent a little more & bought the the Alpha or Beta model instead.

Posts: 527 | Location: Tennessee U.S.A. | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted Hide Post
Does anybody have any experience of the CED Millenium, I really like mine, with the infra red sight screens. Easy to use, just don't know how accurate they are, guess nobody does unless you have several to compare at once?

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried out my F-1 Shooting Chrony the other day. I think it needs to be a solid 10 feet from the muzzle. I was only about 4 or 5 and it did not like it. Also when you wiggle the wires you get an error message. I think you get what you pay for ($79.00). Did Oehler stop making chronographs for sportsman? Thanks, Peter.

Posts: 25 | Location: Cramped N Congested in New York | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If you want the Oehler 35,start looking....they quit making them.

Posts: 12 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 01 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the ced millenium and it works great the infrared doesn't make a mistake and you don't need a proof screen,but most of the time I don't use the infrared if it's cloudy i take off the diffusers and when it's sunny I put them on works great.

Posts: 94 | Location: Orwell,New York | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote