THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BENCHREST AND TARGET SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Benchrest & Target Shooting    Anybody have a used wood 40x stock for sale

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody have a used wood 40x stock for sale
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jghoghunter
posted
I'm looking for a wood 40x stock short action.

Posts: 30 | Location: exact center of pa | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
You may want to check out Gun Parts Inc. for I just purchased one from them. Keep in mind these stocks are quite old, yet most of the time they are solid, but finish is marred a fair amount. If you care to refinish, can make a very good wood stock for match/prone style shooting. Most of them still have the old screw tension/barrel set up in the forearm. (pressure points if you will and they are click adjustable as well!!) Believe you will find all 40X's are on short action, even long calibers. If you do not shoot the round once chambered, remove bolt and start over. Was that way for many a year, perhaps they have now changed?? One of the most accurate Palma rifles I every shot was one stocked with these "surplus" Rem.40X stocks.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The last Remington 40X stock that I bought came to me via eBay.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There's a 40X prone stock for sale on canadiangunnutz.com right now. - dan

"Intellectual truth is eternally one: moral or sentimental truth is a geographic and chronological accident that varies with the individual" R.F. Burton

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two 40x stocks. One was a Remington factory prototype and it is pillar bedded. I can sen pictures. The other is a NOS unmodified stock. I can send pictutes also.
tsiero@yahoo.com
Ted Sierocinski'
505-670-1680

Posts: 202 | Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA | Registered: 18 February 2001Reply With Quote