THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BENCHREST AND TARGET SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Benchrest & Target Shooting    Forums for Across the course and long range?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forums for Across the course and long range?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A little off topic.

Several years ago I used to go on a couple of NRA type shooting forums. One was for across the course.

The other was for long range shooting.

Does that ring a bell for anyone?

I cannot remember

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personally I think it would be a great idea to have a section devoted to XC/Across the Course shooting as well as NRA Long Range Shooting. Just me, but I have shot both for years and can't think of a better shooting sport to improve your personal performance with rifles of all types. Standing/off hand, sitting rapid fire, prone rapid fire, Kneeling rapid fire, and prone slow fire. The "clock" is the pressure point on all shooters and if you are not organized and disciplined it will show up very quickly at the target face.
For the young or new shooter the training/experience gained at a Across the Course match is about as good as it gets. I can honestly say that a young man or woman introduced to the sport most likely does not end up in street crime, dope, or other nasty habits. I know that is "old school," but as we speak, at Camp Perry this week you will see many young folks who were introduced to the sport some years ago and it's a pleasure to speak with them and see how they are developing not only as marksmen, but citizens with goals and dedication to reach those goals in life. I think the management/moderators would be suprised at how much participation there would be. Good suggestion.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
When this forum started it was kind of a NM/long range forum. If you are looking for dedicated forums check out:
http://www.usrifleteams.com/forums/

or

http://www.usrifleteams.com/lrforum/

You may need to through:

http://www.usrifleteams.com/

and click "Forums"

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
PS. I'm Gunsnjeeps on the newer forums. My info has been lost a few times on here. Good shooting, Sam

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I heard Sherri Gallagher tore it up again. I had better check the scoreboards.

I will be sell a few hundred once fired LC and FA 30-06 cases in a week or two. Love that stuff.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, those are the boards.