New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nobody Reads This Stuff --
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Maybe benchrest shooting is specialized enough that it has its own sites? The stuff I see in here, for the most part, is not about benchrest shooting in any formal sense.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having been an active BR shooter (registered IBS and NBRSA matches) for 20 years, I can say that BR shooters make up a very small % of the shooters of the world. The largest BR match in the sport is the Firearms Industry Super Shoot, held every May, in Ohio. Somewhere between 300 and 360 shooters, from all over the planet, is the norm. This is a very small number compared to the NRA National Championships at Camp Perry. The most BR oriented site, on the web, is www..benchrest.com

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, the title is Benchrest AND Target shooting. There are some BR questions but a lot of F class and long distance questions. Real BR shooters know where to go, but folks with an interest in getting into BR might find this forum interesting.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
And not everyone feels the need to reply to every thread.I read a heck of a lot of threads and learn an awfull lot but do not contribute unless I have something relevant to add.
I have an interest in very accurate rifles and have built a 20 VarTarg with information picked up over the years. It has a .084 to its credit but is usually in the 2's. while not benchrest as such,my accuracy passion is head shooting rabits as far out as I can and along with a lot of riflemen (and ladies) enjoy accuracy for its own sake and the chalenge of getting the best from out rifles. We find these sites invaluable. Besides I was bought up in the day when we didn,t jump into conversations just for the sake of it ( or having a big number of posts). Am still finding my way round a number of sites and I have read most of the back posts on this one. Very interesting indeed.

Von Gruff

Posts: 2684 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am an active BR shooter, but just love accurate custom hunting rifles. I have friends that are Fclass and long range shooters. I also have a good deal of friends that only do custom hunting rifles. I enjoy a little bit of it all. Would love to shoot a Red Stag in NZ.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
When this forum started it was more target and high power rifle oriented. It's been a few years now. Ironically I went to the last post listed here, it's about hearing protection and I said I thought I left me Peltor Tac 7 muffs at the range. I found them, and then lost them last month at the range.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote