THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BENCHREST AND TARGET SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Benchrest & Target Shooting    6mm PPC 12 twist, best & heaviest bullet wt?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6mm PPC 12 twist, best & heaviest bullet wt?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a 24", 1 in 12" twist barrel chambered fro the 6mm PPC case. What is the heaviest bullet that will stabilize or shoot well in this barrel and/or what bullet weight would perform best in this twist rate?

Posts: 157 | Location: Kenosha, WI | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
You should be able to shoot bullets in the 80gr range, and they should give good performance. Anything heavier than that would be iffy for stabilization. Benchrest bullets in the 65 to 68 grain range should perform well also...

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks pointblank.....I was kind of thinking that it would be 80, 85 or 90...kind of hoping for 90 to 95. I still may try some at 90. thanks.

Posts: 157 | Location: Kenosha, WI | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote