Find
Notify
Tools

190gr or 200gr Matchking
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bushwackr
posted
Hello I am trying to decide on what size of pill to use in a 300 win, want to 1000 yd the gun I just dont know what size would be ideal for this. I already have some 200's, I dont really think there would be a diffrence. Maybe there is . HELP Thanks nilly

"If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."
- Ted Nugent -

Posts: 55 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 18 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why not the 220?
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bushwackr
posted Hide Post
Well I have nothing against the 220 but I already have some 200s , and my rifle is 1 10 twist im pretty sure it is reccomended to have 14 twist with those per sierra , plus I dont know if there will be a problem keeping the 220 supersonic at far distance. I may be worring for nothing but I am just not sure

"If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."
- Ted Nugent -

Posts: 55 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 18 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
I shot the 190's for several years in the 308 w/ 12 twist, 30" Krieger barrel and friend shot same in 300 Win Mag. Prone/sling style long range shooting and our scores were pretty much even each season. It was marginal for me w/ the 308, but he did have more "zip" left at the 1000 yard mark w/ the magnum. You can check the ballistic tables, but believe the 200 will definitely retain supersonic speed at that range. The 308 barely did, but did work fine if you noted the wind closely. Elevation not the problem, but that pesky wind is a problem at times. I am not as active as once, but believe if I were doing those matches today, would build one in 300 Win Mag and use 9 twist Krieger barrel and shoot the Sierra 250grain MK's. Good combo for produces some good BC numbers. Rifle would need to weigh in at about 15 lbs to absorb full days shooting. Good luck

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gotta consider the 208gr Hornady A-Max.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
190 Sierra is a good bullet in the 300 Win, I have had great results with that bullet .

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have about 1,000 190 MK's & no rifle if someone were really interested, PM please. r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
You have PM on bullets.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shoot the 190s and 180s in my 300WSM; it has a 1:10 barrel. I use 65gr of H4831SC or RL-22 for either bullet. I hit the target...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote