Tools

Mirage Band
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted
Other than a velcro strip

On a bench gun how else would you suggest i attach a mirage band

Posteriorly I find that attaching a rubberband to the scope rings will do however anteriorly I am afriad to touch the barrel ...........

everybody tells me velcro I am looking for something different thanks

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
well- nearly all b r shooters use velcro, but in a pinch i have used tape and have observed many others use tape also. i dont like to attach anything to my scope. why are you afraid to touch the barrel?

Posts: 18 | Location: arkansas | Registered: 22 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
To be very honest I am actually building a tactical rifle but with a straight tube with 0.92 inch barrel.

I would like to shoot praie dog with it hence above average volume of shots in a limit period of time during the summer.

I have been brought with the impression that anything that touches the barrel willl affect the harmonics and accuracy with change.

I sense velcro will come lose between shots and I will be forever reattaching the band.

I have the impression of what accuracy international does here is a picture of it. There rear is attahced to the scope base and the front is attached to a front sight. I dont have a front sight so my alternative I though is to velcro or invent some kind of attachment.

So most bench shooter attach with velcro

Does it come off easy ?

I will be shooting a 20 tactical and 6 x 47 lapua with a moderator

Alternatively perhaps an attachment to the moderator ?????????

posted Hide Post
your fears are unfounded. a half inch dot of velcro is attached to the barrel near the muzzle and near the end of the scope. a window blind has matching velcro attached and is cut just short of the muzzle and even with the scope. dont allow gas exiting the muzzle to hit the blind. use the self sticking velcro and it will do fine. i shoot p dogs and benchrest and it sticks in the heat. you have to learn to kinda peel the shield off or you may remove the stuff on the barrel sometimes. as for accuracy, world record aggs are shot with this set up.

shoot a lot of dogs and have fun!

One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Will try it out immediately

NTW off topic

How popular is 30BR in benchrest shooting in america

Do you have any experience with this round ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Russ Haydon has the ones that screw into the objective end of your scope providing you are using a name brand scope. At least he use to.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
How does he attach the front end then ? Velcro again ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Small Velcro pads and light weight alli strips have a minimal or no affect on a heavy barrel's harmonics.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/pr...urce=pjn&subid=21181

posted Hide Post
the screw in tube is just that a tube that screws into the end of your scope. it does not attach anywhere else. no one shoots br with one. for p dogs it might not be too bad. personally i would not use them. that scope is fragile and wt hanging out there bothers me.

posted Hide Post
since no 30 cal guys spoke up i will say there a quite a few used for score but not many for group. i dont have one yet. score matches have been too far away for me to get a 30. that may change. if we get some score matches near i will get one. for now i just use a ppc for group. score will be new to me and for the first score shoots i go to i will just take one of my ppc guns.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since you would not have a front sight barrel band as in HighPower rifles, you can attach a piece of stretch fabric(fabric shop of various widths, lengths, color, etc. and cheap) from rear scope base/ring w/ lamp chain, make a loop in the rear of fabric and loop w/ the chain, simply tape off the material near the muzzle end, that will work. If you know a Doc or someone that has old x ray exposures, those can be cut to width and length and as mentioned, velcro tabs both fore and aft and does not impact on accuracy.
Real simple and works fine is simply to use burlap wrapped around barrel, forearm, hay bailing string to secure and you are good to go. Those PD's will never see you coming!!

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote