New
Find
Notify
Tools

SOME INCREDIBLE SHOOTING!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Check this link on BR.Com and you will see 2 incredible 200 yard 5 shot groups.
http://benchrest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64843
This group measures .093 at 200yds. That is .0465 MOA

Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
i predict this year will be talked about for a long time [ at least till next year] however it may be a while till conditions allow that kind of performance. put the best shooters on the line with the best equipment saved for just such a time and let weather give them a break-wow, all i can say. i guess i have to tighten my belt.

Posts: 18 | Location: arkansas | Registered: 22 September 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
Actually .0444 MOA since 1 MOA @ 200 yards = 2.09438"

.093/2.09438 = .0444

Equipment list doesn't seem to show what cartrige either was using:

http://www.bughole.info/MatchR...ls_Equipment_SP.html

Confused

Or should we just assume a 6 ppc? In any case, some great shooting under what must have been excellent conditions. Must have been fun.

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SOG,
I am so sorry that I was off 2 thousandths on the MOA, but I always know that you will be around to correct me.
Winds were 35-40 and gusting to 55 and it was 32deg.
He shot a 6PPC with powder and bullets. I think he used a Krelein barrel and a Bastolle receiver.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here is a photo of the rig I believe Libby shot his .093 with. It is a BAT 2 lug action glued into a BAT stock. It has a Kelbly trigger, March 40x and I believe he was shooting a Hart barrel - not 100% sure on the barrel.

Wow! Just Wow!

I have just started gathering equipt. for the BR game. That group is just nuts!

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jtex,
Normally a Bat will not accept the Kelbly trigger and most of his barrels are Bartlein. Don't know for sure.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beats me Butch. I just copied and pasted from Benchrest.com

quote:

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From Benchrest.com, apparently from the shooter, Mr. Libby. Sounds like a good guy and I love the part about his wife loading for him. I wish I could get my wife to load my cartridges for me!

quote:
Stock: Bat by Tom Dixon
Action: Two lug 7" Bat no ejector
Barrel: Bartlein
Trigger: Kelbly
Scope: 40x March with dot
Front Rest: John Loh
Rear Bag: Edgewood Jack Snider
Bullets: Libby/Bishop Flat Base 66
Powder: 8208 lot 188 1/2 jug left sh*t

And four hail mary's as gun was slid back to point of aim.

This goes to show you that you don't have to be a super great shooter to shoot a world record if I can do it. I have been fortunate to have two of them and I hope they stay for a long time. 10 shot UL 100 yd .097 and this one 5 shot Sp 100 yd .093 until reviewed by the committee for official measurement.

The main thing that helped me on this was listen to my wife and keep my hands off the loading process while she loaded my bullets for me. I still don't know the seating depth, she won't tell me.

It was a pleasure to attend a super well ran Nationals and Scott and his crew did a great job all week and did it with a smile, Thanks a bunch.

Tom

one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
Just do the math - we ARE talking a precision game, kinda like machining.

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote