New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range Box
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What do you guys carry all of your crap to the range in? I have been looking for a rubbermaid tote type box with wheels. I'm lucky because 90% of my range time is spent with my wife and 13 year old son, but it means alot of stuff. Any suggestions?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 2 x aluminium tool cases that are like the expensive camera cases. One carries the benchrest (base separate from the rest itself) 2 x rear rests staple gun and staples (for the targets), elbow mat (square carpeted car mat). The other carries ammo, cleaning gear, patches, solvents etc., 6" ruler, Smith & Wesson screwdriver set.

Going to the indoor range becomes a bit of a hassle. Especially when you still got the rifle to carry. I use a folding 2 wheel trolley where the aluminium caeses go on top of one another and the rifle case goes at the front of the trolley. I wrap a couple of octopus straps around everything and Cool wheel the lot right into the range.

Posts: 161 | Location: Australia | Registered: 28 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CLK

It is a proven fact that no matter what you buy it will not be big enough. Roll Eyes

I use two boxes. The first has a door that opens on the side and holds all the gear that will actually be used on the firing line. Rests, ammo, allen wrenches, magic marker, stapler, targets, ear muffs, etc, etc. It is 14" x 14" x 20" high. A piece of nice soft carpeting is glued to the top and it doubles as shooting stool.

The other box is a Kennedy tool chest (a plastic fishing box will do) and holds cleaning gear and everything else needed.

Many guys use a little red wagon with big tires to move everything. But I've found that if you make both boxes light enough there is no reason your wife cannot carry them by herself. Wink

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can get a Kennedy tool box on ebay that should fit your needs.

Bob

Posts: 529 | Location: Harrison, Maine - Pensacola, Fl. | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote