New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great warbird pics
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice! If you haven't been to an airshow, you really should make the effort. I took my dad (a Korean War veteran and proud patriot!) to a local show that featured a B-17 and B-24. These planes were something to see in person, and it humbles one something fierce to know that many of the crews that took off on their missions never came back. Some of the spectators were of WW2 age, and I heard many stories from both men whom served on the bombers and also women who lost their loved ones on missions into Axis territory. A memorable and sobering experience.

At another local show the Navy kindly provided a couple of F-18s to entertain and educate. I had never experienced modern jet fighters "up close" and two words sum it up...IMPRESSIVE and LOUD!. The F-18s made a low pass over the airfield and then went full burner into a steep climb. For a newbie (me!) the sensation was one of awe.

All my best to those that serve and have served.

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mule rider
Thanks for sharing the pix with us! I am an amateur air historian/aficionado and I can never get enuf of fine war bird photos.
FYI- the history channel is running a series called "Dogfights" weekly and its super..I highly recommend it.
JKS
Being up close to one of the current gen. Military jets when its doing a demo is truly an awe inspiring event. I never get goose bumps usually but I do when they are performming. I am lucky enuf to be close to one of the top 3 airshows in the world..Abbotsford Air Show, just outside Vancouver, B. C., Canada.
Several years ago I was lucky enuf to see a formation of several US armed forces Jets fly by on the way to an airshow. The flight consisted of a mixture of Airforce, Navy, and Marine fighter jets and man they did you proud! Of course I was caught without my camera but I will never forget that scene.

Posts: 434 | Location: Wetcoast | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With Quote