THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AVIATION FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Aviation    Any Serious RC Pilots around?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Serious RC Pilots around?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm debating on selling out or starting back.
The small planes just don't do it for me anymore. I'm as big as I can get now in Aerobatic/3D planes without going to gas. I mostly fly a Lanier Edge 540 with an OS 160 2 stroke. I have a Sig Sukhoi with a Moki 2.1 on it, that is 95% finished. I have one Stick kit that I turned into a small Aero Practice Plane.
OS 70 4 stroke makes that thing humm.

I got a bad case of burnout. I also had an EAA Bipe that my late shooting buddy built. It had a OS 190 (?) 4 stroke, and as hard as it was to land, i totally loved that thing. It would actually torgue roll. Rudder servo took a dump on take off. If you have flown a bipe with a strong 4 stroke, you already know it's pretty much impossible to keep it straigt on take off with out full rudder. It snapped both wings when I shut it down hopping I could straighten it out with full ailerons. I wasn't 10 ft off the ground, but that was plenty.

It really is an insane sport. Flying a $2000 and UP plane that is 100% assured of crashing at some point might not be the best choice of hobbies.

Posts: 114 | Location: USA, North Carolina | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How serious ?? Like this ? www.su27.de dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
How serious ?? Like this ? www.su27.de dancing

I wanted a jet so badly. too much money for me.
I love that Sukhoi Picture.

Excellent work!

Posts: 114 | Location: USA, North Carolina | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote