Find
Notify
Tools

Want to see me fly (maybe?).
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted
When I was flying A-4's I flew a couple of sorties for P.R. filming. I know that one of them was very similar to this YouTube video, but I think it was when I was with VMA-324 at MCAS Beaufort.... Anyway, this particular P.R. film features VMA-311, my WestPac squadron. I'm sure I flew some of those very airplanes doing the same stuff.... and I may one of the guys flying, but heck, it was 40 years ago.

And I got paid to do this and only got shot at periodically.

My squadron in the video are the planes with the modex of WL. My avatar here is me pictured with WL-16, btw.

SkyHawks Forever!!!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7554 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
I think the word to describe it is...

GROOVY, MAN, GROOVY! Cool

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I remember the Blue Angels at NAS Lemoore once put on a show and 4 A4 drivers followed them and literally did their routine in line A4's. Did not please them one bit. Totally impressive aircraft. Knew lots of the pilots then as my first wife was a teacher at the school on base and I spent a good bit of time there and made many friends. Dieter Dengler was a close friend and an AD pilot there. John Mccain was my next door neighbor. He was an A4 driver.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
VERY COOL!!...my era too but I was AF!! Hope you didn't spend any time at the H-Hilton!! Had a visit there several years ago....not a nice place!!
Cheers

470EDDY

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I think you misunderstand,I was a civilian not Navy. I was in the Army quite a while before that.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Zim- I was only commenting to Judge G's post. Thx.
Cheers

470EDDY

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Enchanting footage, combined with such an unusual soundtrack. I grew up in the 1960s just miles from McChord AFB and Fort Lewis and the variety and high volume of traffic of warbirds of all configurations was a constant source of joy and a lesson in American air power.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16458 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Ernest,
That was way cool, picturing you in one of those,lucky you!!!

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote