THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AVIATION FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Aviation    Paul Warfield Tibbets Jr, BrigGen USAF(R) Passes Away
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paul Warfield Tibbets Jr, BrigGen USAF(R) Passes Away
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Passed away today 01 November 2007 at the age of 92.

My only question is are there enough B29's in flying condition to do the "Missing man" formation PROPERLY at his military funeral?

Though a formation of B2 Spirit bombers from the 509th (Tibbet commanded this unit on it's formation) would also be very appropriate

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read his autobiography this year. Tibbets was not just a pilot who fell into this position but a pre war officer who was the only air force officer fully informed of the program and given authority to assemble the planes and crews to do the job.