THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AVIATION FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Aviation    Anyone recognize this flying boat thingie?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone recognize this flying boat thingie?
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted

Looks pretty fun! Anyone know what it is called, who makes it, and how much they cost?

Thanks,

Mark

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Google "Trike+Floats" for a good start.

Oops, try "Flying"Boat", you may get more/better hits.

This is the first hit from Dogpile.

http://www.flyingbeachboat.com/

Many more on that list, and I suspect google would have more hits!

Or try this for fun flying in one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyiL7d713fo&mode=related&search=

Heres one for sale I tumbled over today!

http://ramphosusa.com/ramphoselsa.html

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They run about $22,000 new, last time I looked. My neighbor has two of them and they look like a blast to ride.

Posts: 5184 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All I know is that I wouldn't get in it.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like someone in AK with more toys than brains...in fact, that's probably a neighbor I haven't met yet. No thanks.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It looks like the perfect flying machine in which (in flight)
for the PILOT to lean back, pop open a can of Budweiser, and in his very best alabama accent say: "Hey y'all watch this!"

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yukon delta:
Looks like someone in AK with more toys than brains...in fact, that's probably a neighbor I haven't met yet. No thanks.

Nah, Not from up here. If it was there'd be miles of duct tape holding it all together!
Big GrinBig Grin

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The first time I saw one of those was in Marathon Florida Keys. I was standing on the balcony of my father in laws house when all of a sudden a rubber duckey flew by. A quick double take brought the air foil into focus and I was enthralled. I thought that some wise guy had duct taped a ultralight to a duckey! A quick search on the internet revealed all. The thing that really stood out was the apparent angle of attack the hull had in comparison to the wing. Yes, I am a pilot. (SEL)