THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W Pre-27, 6" .357 Mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Smith & Wesson Pre-Model 27, 6" .357 Magnum
Collector's Quality Pre-27 S&W. A very handsome and all original Smith & Wesson shipped as per Roy Jinks, August 1953. Revolver looks great and many consider this to be the highest of sophistication and quality post-war S&W revolver.

Pre-27's show all the pre-war quality fit, finish, upper sideplate screw and silky-smooth action coupled with the more innovative additions of the immediately post-war revolvers. These include click adjustable target sight, two-pin patridge front sight, recessed chambers and pinned barrel. This is the only S&W revolver ever made with a checkered rear sight, top strap and barrel rib.

There are no signs of tampering to the front sight pins, the five screws have good slots, bore and chambers like new. The recoil shield shows little sign of shooting, blue is a 98+ percent with small scattered handling marks, cylinder has a couple of small tarnishes. The gun shows no abuse or loss of blue due to holster wear.

Diamond center checkered Magna grips with matching numbers in great shape without chips, scratches or splits. Checkered hammer and grooved trigger both retaining excellent case hardening colors. Revolver comes with original box, paper and cleaning tools.

The post war 1950's S&W have been my favorites to collect and shoot. Although I've never fired this one is has all the qualifications to handle any .357 load with accuracy and aplomb.
Serious inquiry please Pm for more photos or info.
$2150 +35 ship Priority Mail FFl-FFl
Steven Dodd Hughes, Gunmaker, Writer, Photographer

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1789 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are really superb pistols. I had the chance to buy a 27 with a 5" bbl. in the wooden case a few years ago at a gun show for $750.00 + passed it by. I have been kicking myself ever since.

Posts: 4230 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Superb.

Everything worth anything was born in the 1950s! Big Grin

PM sent.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice model 27.

Trouble is I would have to put in a holster carry it around and shoot it a lot.

By doing so lose half of it value.

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still for sale,all my holsters are lined, but I am willing to pay a bit more for them ~~ and for fine revolvers.

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1789 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post