THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SPF QUESTION/ADVICE PLEASE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Please see a copy of my posting for a Ruger 77 with 2 barrels copied below. My question is: What is wrong here? No market for .22-250 / .22 PPC? Price wrong? Accessories? Bad deal? I'm at a loss. Thanks....mike

Ruger 77 Mark ll .22-250 (Revised Offering)
Welcome, Michael Michalski [Logout]

Michael Michalski
One of Us

posted 11 July 2023 05:51
Originally S/S .22 PPC. Replaced bbl with a bright blue .22-250 Douglas barrel (original .22PPC BBL included). Equipped with an Osprey 12-40x50 - IR scope. $750 OBO shipped. Included are RCBS F/L sizing and Matchmaster micro seating dies, 2 plastic boxes with empties, and a Wilson cartridge case guide.QUESTION/ADVICE PLEASE

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1056 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m guessing with the move towards heavier bullets most would prefer a 22 creed or something similar. That’s just my take. I like and still build rifles in classic calibers but 22-250 has never been on my short list to own.

Mac

Posts: 1722 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MM,

Got to be a varmint hunter that would be interested enough to at least make an offer. It just needs a few pictures to show the condition/quality. PM me for my email if you need someone to post them for you.
CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5098 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wrong season for varmints. No pictures. And stuff on AR has to be dirt cheap. Nature of the clientele.

Posts: 17102 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pictures will absolutely help. Also, find a load that works in it and post a pic of the group. If it shoots good it will sell quickly...and what dpcd said

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 26 March 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, Maybe try adding some photos, round count if you know it, and rate of twist for the barrel.
Randy

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pictures. Good ones.

More info on the rifle as suggested above.

Time the sale right. Winter is not the time to try and move a varmint rifle.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1038 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ll take the 22-250. PM in a lil while
Merry CHRISTmas, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Louis, Replied to PM Mike

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1056 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
So this is sold?

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ElCaballero, Yes sold

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rifle, etc came yesterday. Looks great and was packed as solid as as could be. Thanks for a great transaction!

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post