THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB 16 gauge
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Will be going on a Pheasant hunt this December and I am looking for a 16 gauge that I can take with me. I turned my Remington 870 into a slug gun. The receiver has been drilled and tapped for a picatinny rail so it's out of the question.

Would prefer something that is in good shape, used but isn't a show piece. I am not looking to break the bank. Would prefer to stay around the $450 ballpark (give or take). Would prefer a Winchester, Remington, Mossberg, or something that is of good quality. Let me know what you have.

Posts: 602 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Keep an eye out for Model 12s at local gun shows. They are out there. Love a 16.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I still have a model 12 in 16G. in the safe. I'll look tomorrow + let you know; if so, you're in the right price range. I have a model 97 in 16 also, but not sure if I want to part with it.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
I think I still have a model 12 in 16G. in the safe. I'll look tomorrow + let you know; if so, you're in the right price range. I have a model 97 in 16 also, but not sure if I want to part with it.

Randy, feel free to text me pics and/or call me when you are able to. PM incoming.

Posts: 602 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark, I sent you a P.M. + pics of the 97.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is a Win 1200 on Gunbroker in your price range:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1044838346

Numrich has additional barrels for less than $100.

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where in Texas are you??... i hunted past year in Olton.. Chamber of Commerce and Agriculture does a great 2 day hunt.. morning and afternoon hunts, 4 great meals ... $450... plus i have a swwt little 16 double that carries great... i shot my Parker Trojan there last year..

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2827 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
Mark, I sent you a P.M. + pics of the 97.
got the pictures, I responded via text message

One of Us
posted Hide Post
@ bobster, I’ll check it out.

@Jimacat- I am
Located just south of Houston by about 20 miles. I live a 16!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark, I texted you back. Best, Randy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Withdrawn thanks guys. I appreciate all the help on this one…