THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For Sale AHR #2 CZ 550 .500 Jeffery
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
CZ 550 .500 Jeffery, with AHR #2 package. Barrel is 22 inches, 14 inch LOP, sights regulated to 50 yards for Norma 570gr soft nose Woodleigh. Gun has the mercury recoil reducer that came with “stock” guns in these limited caliber runs that Triple River did for CZ. Weighs in at just under 9 lbs. 14 oz. empty on my digital scale. You know when you pull the trigger, but I did not find it unpleasant to shoot. This gun has had approximately 120 rounds fired thru it by myself, the original owner and Wayne when he regulated sights.

It has been to Africa for big five and has a few nicks on the stock. Scratches earned while out on the hunt are surely better than safe dings, right? Right before my DG hunt, the rifle developed a feeding issue. The 2nd cartridge (left side of mag) sometimes jumped out when cycling the first round out. Proper feeding with large caliber cartridges is not easy and it has been explained to me that shaving some off the left feed ramp was a common remedy for CZs. Regardless, it had to be fixed so I ultimately sent the gun to Bailey Bradshaw who was kind enough to squeeze me in alongside his fine custom build work. He silver brazed in some stronger feed rails to the magazine box that have eliminated the cartridge jump issue. The first cartridge sometimes requires a touch to feed in but the second and third rounds feed in slickly now. I was not able to cause a failure cycling the bolt as fast and slow as possible.

It is a solid gun overall, functionally sound, and a straight shooter. Has the beefy feel of CZ 550’s that I feel is appropriate for the caliber. Swings nicely and points naturally with the tune ups from AHR. The ramp also feeds FN solids well, my favorite solid for the real big stuff. I am reluctant to let it go and wouldn’t if I weren’t already in the process of acquiring the next .500 Jeffery.

If you’re looking for a true proven stopper in a caliber that starts with a “5” this is your sign. They did not make a lot of these to begin with and aren't making any more. Saw a stock CZ 550 in .505 Gibbs on gunbroker with some components for sell for $5.3k about a week ago. Wayne’s custom builds are going for $10k easily now. The only difference in this gun and his custom work is primarily the wood. My I’m asking $6,995 for the rifle plus shipping to your FFL.

Cross posted on AH. I've never posted pics here before but would be happy to email them over to interested folks.

Posts: 103 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 January 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good morning. Please send pictures to marc_4848@yahoo.com. Thank you

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06 May 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post