THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FS: Remington Model 11 16ga SOLD
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Up for sale is a Remington Model 11, 16 ga, full choke.

The gun is Remington's version of the Browning A5, but without the magazine cutoff.

Based on codes found on the left side of the barrel, this gun was manufactured in August 1947.

Outstanding wood and metal. The person who sold me the shotgun said all finishes are original, but I think it's possible the gun was re-blued and the stock/fore end refinished.

The gun comes with 10 boxes of Rio 16 ga #7 1/2 shot.

Price is $700 + shipping to your FFL/C&R.

If the ammo is not wanted, the gun is $600 + shipping.

I'll sell the 10 boxes of shells for $150 + shipping, but only after the shotgun is sold.

Thanks to Peter for posting photos Smiler .

Thanks for looking!

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK. trying to post these pictures for Nitro Express.

Any problems and the fault is completely with him!

Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You used the wrong BBC code so the pictures are still on IMGUR. Don't use Linked code; just use BBC code.

Posts: 17122 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Just fixed it!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have my grandfather's Remington Model 11 in 12 gauge. Had it refinished. Beautiful shotgun with beautiful memories. And, I actually hunt with it occasionally. Nice 16 gauge! tu2

Posts: 18537 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Grandfather had a 16 ga Model 11 sportsman. He was a game warden.
Anyone ever wonder how Remington got a Browning patent when he offered all of them to Winchester? Winchester said there was no marked for semi auto shotguns and rejected it. Dumb move. So Remington and FN got the rights to it.

Posts: 17122 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
My Grandfather had a 16 ga Model 11 sportsman. He was a game warden.
Anyone ever wonder how Remington got a Browning patent when he offered all of them to Winchester? Winchester said there was no marked for semi auto shotguns and rejected it. Dumb move. So Remington and FN got the rights to it.

Yes, and Winchester only bought the parents outright. John Browning tried to renegotiate and get royalties. Winchester liked the previous arrangement better.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
John Browning tried to renegotiate and get royalties. Winchester liked the previous arrangement better.

Winchester's move was pretty damn dumb, as can be seen from the history of the sales and popularity of the Auto-5. Big Grin Once he wised up, John Browning laughed all the way to the bank. A superior built Auto-5 shotgun was manufactured for Browning by Belgium's Fabrique Nationale de Herstal for sure, and the Remington Model 11 was not far behind. tu2 One of the world's true firearms geniuses.

Posts: 18537 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is no contesting that statement.

Posts: 4230 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Without Peter Paul Mauser, Mikhail Kalashnikov (I really hope I spelled that correctly), and John Browning, the world would definitely be more overpopulated than it is now.

It’s almost ironic that Dr. Gatling created his gun to end wars and death.

The book I read about John Browning is really incredible. I don’t recall the title, but it may have just been eponymous. He was in Belgium finishing up the Superposed and had designs on the Hi Power.

I apologize for derailing this for sale thread, but people would have to pay at least 2x for a Sweet 16 like this. The ammo is an even better sweetener.

Hmm, I’ll think about it, but here’s to a bump up top.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All of these model 11s are great shotguns.
At one time I had 3, one in 20 ga one like this and one in 12 ga.
All 3 functioned beautifully with little maintenance required.
Someone here will be happy with your shotgun.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
btt

LTC, USA, RET
Member, SCI & DSC

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1546 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can. You post a couple pics in better light of the bluing, especially the engraved and lettered areas?
Thanks

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2581 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hikerbum:
Can. You post a couple pics in better light of the bluing, especially the engraved and lettered areas?
Thanks

I'll see if Peter can help out again.

Or you can PM me your email address or cell phone # and I'll send some better photos.

In the OP I said the wood is outstanding. There are a few nicks and scratches so maybe I should downgrade the wood description to "very good considering the age of the gun." Just trying to be accurate.

LTC, USA, RET
Member, SCI & DSC

one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, here are some additional pictures provided by Nitro Express:

Peter.