THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB: all weather .30-06
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What I am really looking for is a stainless or cerakoted Model 70 action .30-06 with a short barrel and and no brake in a good synthetic stock that will at least shoot moa.

But, don’t hesitate to tell me about what you have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36531 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
What I am really looking for is a stainless or cerakoted Model 70 action .30-06 with a short barrel and and no break in a good synthetic stock that will at least shoot moa.

But, don’t hesitate to tell me about what you have.

Hopefully you will find one without the "break" dancing

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah…my bad. Big Grin

No brake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36531 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Im pretty impressed with the new REm ultra light stainless steel, composit lean stock at $899. from Elk County ammo and arms..comes in several calibers. Mine is a 6.5 Creedmoor..take a look. SS mod 70s have gone skyhigh...

Yikes its a Ruger not a Rem. What was I thinking and its due tomarrow..
so it may be next week before I sell or trade it.

Its the closes thang to a 250-3000 and on trial! moon

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Im pretty impressed with the new REm ultra light stainless steel, composit lean stock at $899. from Elk County ammo and arms..comes in several calibers. Mine is a 6.5 Creedmoor..take a look. SS mod 70s have gone skyhigh...

Wait! What?! Ray bought a 6.5 CREEDMOOR. it’s the End Of Days. Sorry if I derailed, just in shock.

Posts: 1014 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And it will out shoot a Model 70 too! Not derailed; just pushed to the top so it gets more visibility/air time.

Posts: 17103 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JeffreyPhD:
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:

Wait! What?! Ray bought a 6.5 CREEDMOOR. it’s the End Of Days. Sorry if I derailed, just in shock.

NO WORRIES! Ray will sell it by Monday! archer

Hip

Posts: 1822 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NO WORRIES! Ray will sell it by Monday! archer

Hip[/QUOTE]

archer So true!

Posts: 1014 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its an addiction and a character flaw, AND LOVE IT diggin

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 173 | Location: Texas | Registered: 01 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ray now you are imitating biebs Big Grin

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why would anyone put a brake on a .30-06? I hate brakes in general on anything, but a .30-06?

Posts: 10000 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane,

I have the rifle you want I think, but I'm not selling. Only thing, it's probably a minute and half rifle not one minute. Extremely light weight SS Model 70 controlled feed, short barrel, textured synthetic stock, iron sights, detachable Leupold rings and a 1X6 Swaro Z6. It's been across the pond a few times and done well.

You could build one pretty easily.

Posts: 10000 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to check out a Kimber Montana in stainless with the lightweight stock. They have a Model 70 type controlled feed action. If you haven't seen one lately they look like this :

KJK

Posts: 678 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post