THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HUSQVARNA RECEIVER AND BOLT
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Here is a Husqvarna bolt action receiver and bolt. No other parts. Bolt handle has been altered to modern profile. This is from a commercial rifle; not a military piece. Others have reported that this system is the strongest of all and can withstand a barrel full of sand and the shooter will walk away from it unscathed. For those who like to use hot loads.
Magazine opening is 3.479.
$250 shipped.

Posts: 17111 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom.

Which iteration of Husqvarna action, 640, 1640, ????

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3818 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 640 is an FN 98 because Sweden never made a 98.

Posts: 17111 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
HUSQVARNA

Does this have the front ring marked "Sweden" with a crest? Is it drilled and tapped?

Posts: 1306 | Location: South Puget Sound, WA | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is drilled and tapped and I am sure it originally had the markings on the ring but it came from an old gunsmith's estate and he surface ground and trued everything that he touched.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice engraving! Is that the much heralded "MAGIC MARKER STYLE' ?

Hip

Posts: 1826 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
The 640 is an FN 98 because Sweden never made a 98.

For those of us who don't know, what bolt face?
What trigger goes with it?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14375 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Standard .473 bolt face.
Yes, that is the custom Magic Marker Engraving and I can do more if anyone wants. Trigger? A standard 98 trigger fits and I will include a commercial one with it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
FYI.

I will be making a batch of bolt stops/ejectors, pivot screws, and springs for this action later this year

I also have M70 safeties on hand that fit the bolt.

A M98 cocking piece can be used, but a M98 firing pin will have to be modified to fit inside the bolt

A M98 trigger can be used

J Wisner

Posts: 1431 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are they CRF, or can they be single-loaded without a magazine?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14375 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CRF; the bolt is a 96 Mauser derivation, only made so strong that they reported filling the barrel with sand.
Call JW to get the parts needed to complete it.
Yes they originally could be single loaded.