THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    SOLD: Sterling Davenport Ruger RSM Mk II - .510-505 Gibbs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SOLD: Sterling Davenport Ruger RSM Mk II - .510-505 Gibbs
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
One of the last rifles that Sterling Davenport made, this Ruger Safari Magnum Mk II is chambered in .510-505 Gibbs, providing a wider range of bullet options.

Weight: 11.2 lbs. (without scope)
LOP: 14"
Barrel: 24"
Round count: Test fired; I assume. I have never fired it and the scope has not been sighted in.

Higher resolution pictures available on request. There are no handling marks on the rifle.

$3,750 shipped, includes Leupold Vari-X 3 1.5-5x20 scope and mounts, C&H Tool & Die reloading dies, and Bore Snake. Rifle will be shipped in a hard case, fully insured. Scope and dies will be shipped separately.

Add $400 shipped for the loaded ammunition (80 rounds) and empty brass (20 cases), all new Jamison brass. Cases have NOT been fire-formed yet and are loaded with .505" bullets. Load data will be provided, and I have a large selection of .510" bullets available at very reasonable cost, since this is my last .510 caliber rifle.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Posts: 441 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 19 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a beautiful rifle at a great price. I have never seen Sterling utilize a RSM, but he obviously did! I am scaling back my big bores with .458 Lott remaking at the top end or I would buy it. GLWS.

Posts: 164 | Registered: 22 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RR 314:
This is a beautiful rifle at a great price. I have never seen Sterling utilize a RSM, but he obviously did!

Yep! Here's a close-up of the engraving on the barrel...

Posts: 441 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 19 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So the loaded ammunition is regular 505 Gibbs?

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jlabreck7316:
quote:
Originally posted by RR 314:
This is a beautiful rifle at a great price. I have never seen Sterling utilize a RSM, but he obviously did!

Yep! Here's a close-up of the engraving on the barrel...

Oh, I believed you! Grip cap is dead give away! Great rifle. I have one he built on a pre-64 and it is flawlessly made (like seemingly all his offerings).

Posts: 164 | Registered: 22 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
So the loaded ammunition is regular 505 Gibbs?

Hi Biebs,

Yes, the ammo is standard .505 Gibbs with .505 caliber 525-535 gr. bullets. They can be fire formed in the rifle or could be resized with the new C&H dies and new .510 bullets could be seated.

.510-505 dies weren't available from C&H at the time I got the rifle, if I remember correctly, and I already had RCBS .505 Gibbs dies. One thing led to another... Smiler

I have a wide variety of .510 caliber bullets that I'll make someone a very sweet deal on if they buy the rifle.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Did this sale actually close?

0351 USMC

Posts: 1531 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tarbe:
Did this sale actually close?

Yes, payment is on the way.

one of us
posted Hide Post
10-4

Nice rifle!

thanks,

Tim

0351 USMC

Posts: 1531 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
beautiful gun

Posts: 27 | Registered: 13 September 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post