THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    Value help? Rem Mod 7 6.5CM SS HS Precision stock.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Value help? Rem Mod 7 6.5CM SS HS Precision stock.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Local Scheel’s ALL SPORTS has a nice used SS Remington Model Seven 6.5 Creedmoor 20” barrel, with factory installed Green Web HS Precision Kevlar/carbon Stock. Aluminum bedding block. Light contour barrel. These sold new a few years ago with an MSRP OF $1150. Sheel’s wants $699 for it. I need it like a hole in the head but was thinking investment-wise, and my wife and daughter can shoot it if they decide to take up hunting. I believe it been fired, but is in like-new shape (has a Leupold pic rail mounted). Any ideas on its value? I’m thinking It’s a steal, but how much of a steal? This particular audience is generally quite value oriented (I.e. cheap, and so am I Big Grin ) I would like some opinions please, and thank you!
Matt

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3285 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt, Model 7 rifles have taken off in price, with most used ones selling for $1,000-$1,200. I'd grab it.

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Matt, Model 7 rifles have taken off in price, with most used ones selling for $1,000-$1,200. I'd grab it.

Thank you Sir!

Matt
FISH!!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3285 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd offer 500 less to start.

The just might say yess.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
I'd offer 500 less to start.

The just might say yess.

Well, I bought it, and it appears as-new with the original box and manual. However, the salesman said that Scheel’s test fires all guns that are sold as pre-owned, so it’s had at least one round through it since leaving the the factory. I would have asked for a lower price, but they won’t lower prices any gun unless it’s been there longer than 90 days. I think I did really good. Thanks for the advice.

Matt
FISH!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you decide to pass, let me know. I've been looking for a Rem. model 7 in 7mm/08 but would not mind one in 6.5. Thanks

Posts: 1550 | Location: SE Florida | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wizard78:
If you decide to pass, let me know. I've been looking for a Rem. model 7 in 7mm/08 but would not mind one in 6.5. Thanks

Sorry, but a friend of mine already has first dibs if I ever want to sell. If I can work up sub MOA varmint and big game loads I’m keeping it.

Matt
FISH!!