THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB: 9x57 and/or 9.3x62
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of course there is noting wrong with a Swede 96 but most Americans are spoiled and untrained and do not know how, and won't use them.

Posts: 17165 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just imported 70 Husqvarna 146s in 9.3X57. All on prewar FN commercial actions made before 1941 when the Nazis invaded Belgium. I have about 20 unaltered guns and others ranging from professional upgrades to farmer butchered. I'm going to put some on gunbroker tonight.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2147 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, one you posted has a 16 inch pull and a silver moose insetted into the stock. I would like to meet the Swede who shot this; he didn't need a rifle. Swedish Bubba is very creative. Nice custom yellow wood bolt knob too.

Posts: 17165 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My original untouched absolutely mint Husqvarna 46 in 9.3x57 is one of my favorite rifles.

I've got what was sold as a 9x57, but really is a 9.3 that is a prewar Geco 98. Unfortunately someone put a ridiculous recoil pad on it.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/965084701

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1486 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know it's been a few months, but has the op found what he is looking for?

Posts: 133 | Location: Thermopolis, WY | Registered: 29 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who knows? Most guys never report back. They just do what Gen Macarthur did.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was just wondering because I believe I could part with an excellent barreled receiver in 9.3x57 that I don't think I'll ever get around to finishing out. I have six other Mauser barreled receivers still hanging and waiting on me. Guess we'll see if he responds.

Posts: 133 | Location: Thermopolis, WY | Registered: 29 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok, one you posted has a 16 inch pull and a silver moose insetted into the stock. I would like to meet the Swede who shot this; he didn't need a rifle. Swedish Bubba is very creative. Nice custom yellow wood bolt knob too.

I told you I had some gems! There are other interesting gun there.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2147 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Imo a model 98 is by far the better action and to say otherwise is totally ridiculas..and I can say the same for the 9 or 9,3x57, the 9.3x62 is a far better caliber...Some peoples children!! rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41948 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
About a million successful Swedish moose hunters would disagree.
Husqvarna never saw a need to make a 98.
As I said, most American shooters are spoiled and untrained, and do not understand how rifles work. Sure, the 98 is stronger, but that doesn't mean the swede 96 is not a good action. Cock on closing was developed for a valid reason and the British never abandoned it. Swedish 96 actions are not broken.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
May be worth importing a few and selling some to offset the import costs.

Some of these Husqvarnas are quite nice, similar in style to some early Rigby Mausers.

https://intersurplus.com/searc...last&page=2&q=9.3X57

https://intersurplus.com/searc...ons%5Bprefix%5D=last

Posts: 3240 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right; definitely not a problem; only for those who do not understand the 96 Mauser and who do not know how to operate a cock on closing action. As I said, a million Swedish Moose hunters, do know.

one of us
posted Hide Post
So your indicating a mod 96 is as good of an action as a Mauser or FN 98? therefore will take the same max load and Sweedish moose hunters are smarter than American gun nuts? Can't recall ever knowing a custom gun builder that suggest such foolishness, but to each his own, I will stick with the 98 and you need to get off those meds! shocker rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41948 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
So your indicating a mod 96 is as good of an action as a Mauser or FN 98? therefore will take the same max load and Sweedish moose hunters are smarter than American gun nuts? Can't recall ever knowing a custom gun builder that suggest such foolishness, but to each his own, I will stick with the 98 and you need to get off those meds! shocker rotflmo

Nah, it's not that.
It is just that the hunters of Scandinavia know what is needed to competently bag a moose and the notion of hopping up their rifles to shoot 3800fps at 64Kpsi just never crossed their minds.

I have to admit, probably 80% of what has been proffered by the "American gun nut" in the last 100yrs has been largely unnecessary.

Posts: 3240 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You obviously are not reading or understanding my posts. I even said that the 98 is stronger than a 96, but that is moot in this case. If you don't understand the capabilities of a Swedish 96, come over and I'll show you. They are quite capable.
And although I never commented directly on the intelligence of Swedish Moose hunters, I can say that most American hunters are largely ignorant and untrained.
And as Huv implied; lots of good work can be done with rifles operating at 45K psi. Contrary to what you read.
Nothing to laugh about.