THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SOLD: 1943 Ithaca M1911 A1
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is an M1911 A1 manufactured in 1943 during Ithaca's first contract run of 60,000 pistols (SN 856405-916404), in excellent condition.

Of the five contractors that produced M1911s during World War II, Ithaca is arguably the 3rd rarest (~355k produced from 1943 to 1945), behind Union Switch & Signal (55,000 in 1943) and Singer (500 in 1941).

This pistol would have been arsenal refurbished after the war, and it appears to have one grip panel newer than the other, but is in excellent shape overall, as the pictures show. I do not know if it was released as part of the Civilian Marksmanship Program. There is no accompanying paperwork.

$2,700 shipped in the continental 48. The pistol will ship via USPS, fully insured.

Let me know if you have any questions. Higher resolution pictures available on request.

Posts: 446 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 19 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check PM please.
Thanks
Wesley

Posts: 672 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a nice one. Many of the ones coming out of CMP now are mismatched.
I have owned literally hundreds of these. When you take command of a unit, you sign for, all the unit property in it, and a Tank Battalion has about 400 of them. I always looked through them all, looking for a Singer; never found one.

Posts: 17121 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sold pending funds. Thanks everyone!

Posts: 446 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 19 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice gun. Many people ignore these as war time production guns. I have a Remington Rand and it one of the smoothest, best shooting guns I have seen. It’s bee re parkerized but would never sell it.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2579 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post