THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    Prepping for a large volume sale - Rifles & Shotguns
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prepping for a large volume sale - Rifles & Shotguns
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
All,
I am preparing to post a large number of rifles and shotguns for sale. These will include Winchester model 70's and 9422's , Colt Sauer, JP Sauer & Sons, Beretta, H-S Precision, Sako (ore-Garcia) and a couple of others. The total will be about 40. All will be new, like new, or very good condition.

Question to this group - I can make one post listing all with partial descriptions kind of like how Doug at CameraLand lists his items. Or I can make a post by manufacturer listing those specific rifles/shotguns with more detailed specs and comments. I can list one at a time but that will overwhelm the Classified postings of others.

I prefer not to post an overwhelming number of pictures. I would like to offer to send pictures or video to seriously interested buyers rather than fill up my imager account.

Several of the rifles are scoped with Swarovski or Leupold scopes. I will state in the individual listing if the scope is included or not. Same for the Talley rings/bases. All were installed by a competent gunsmith. I know that many buyers like to get the scope thinking they are getting a bargain on the scope. For the Swarovski scopes (Z5 and Z5i), the prices will not be a "steal". For the Leupold scopes (VX3's mostly) the added on price will be $375 +/-.

Here are my "caveats". For instance, I am a hunter, like everyone here. I am not a collector. I am not a gunsmith. I am not a certified/trained inspector or descriptor of gun condition per the NRA standards. I will state if I have fired the gun and the results. I will give all of the details I have and my best effort to describe the condition.

For payment, I accept personal checks, paypal or USPS money orders.

For shipping, do you prefer I include the cost in the price or as an add on? Every gun will be shipped in a cardboard gun box with the gun protected by styrofoam or a soft case that is packed with bubble wrap. Bolts will be taken out and wrapped.

I will not be able to sell to California or places that require special paperwork. I can sell to Alaska but the shipping will be higher unless I use the USPS.

I do not accept returns for anything other than a gross mistake in the description.

I am sure some are wondering - why is he selling all of these? Well, I don't shoot them as much as I would like and I have migrated to some other types of rifles in the custom world. No other reason than than.

So, with all of that said - here are two.

SOLD BOTH As new in the box - Winchester Model 70, Extreme Weather Stainless in .300 WM and .338 WM. Bell and Carlson lay-up composite stock textured charcoal gray, MOA trigger, free-floated barrel, recessed target crown, control round feed action, stainless bottom metal. I opened the box, removed the gun, inserted the bolt, removed the red Winchester sticker on the barrel, cycled the bolt and then returned the gun to the box. I have not fired these rifles.

Here is a link to get more detailed specs from Winchester - https://www.winchesterguns.com...reme-weather-ss.html

I can send a picture of the end of the box if needed.

Price for each - $1250 plus shipping to your FFL. Estimated shipping is $75.

Let me know your thoughts or if you feel there is a better way.

I will offer additional calibers but none are new in the box in the Extreme Weather. The calibers will be 7mm Rem Mag, .270 Win.

Thanks.

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good post, good price on the two listed.

I might be interested in 20 ga or 410 shotguns. Nothing fancy, users are fine. Single shots too if you have any. Looking to build a group of guns for my grandkids as they become of hunting age. Thank you.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2597 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I certainly wish you the very best of luck in your endeavor!
As to shipping, if you have shipped a few long guns, you should have an idea of what it will cost. I go back and forth wondering if the buyer will be attracted to a slightly lower price "plus shipping" or whether just to include it in the total, so the buyer knows exactly what to write the check for.
When it comes to photos, I agree they are a pain to take and post, but they do help with the sale. Someone is asking me right now for "more photos" of a Savage 99 I have for sale here; four are apparently not enough.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16626 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hiker,
I have no .410's, but have a very very nice Remington 870 Wingmaster in 20ga, with 3 chokes. It is uncut with a LOP 14 1/4" LOP. Price will be $750 shipped if this interests. It may be overkill for a grandkid but it will last and serve well.
I started my sons on Browning BPS's in 20ga.

Thanks for the comments.

Ross

Posts: 10358 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
I certainly wish you the very best of luck in your endeavor!
As to shipping, if you have shipped a few long guns, you should have an idea of what it will cost. I go back and forth wondering if the buyer will be attracted to a slightly lower price "plus shipping" or whether just to include it in the total, so the buyer knows exactly what to write the check for.
When it comes to photos, I agree they are a pain to take and post, but they do help with the sale. Someone is asking me right now for "more photos" of a Savage 99 I have for sale here; four are apparently not enough.

Bill,
Thanks. I struggle as well. Photos are great but a pain to post. I prefer to send straight from my phone or shoot a video with commentary. What has happened to me is that my photos get picked off and used by someone. I really don't care but it creates a credibility issue for the seller and buyer.
The other issue with photos is showing serial numbers. I am glad to disclose via text or email but prefer the SN's are not shown to the wide wide world.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interested in your sale. I too am contemplating a sale. I will call mine the "Getting Old Sale", lifetime accumulation of good stuff.

Posts: 763 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if there's any AMT stuff, i'll be interested... thanks, jim

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2840 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here

I tend to appreciate buying and selling with a shipped/insured price. Seems to make a cleaner transaction. Otherwise I think your approach is excellent. You are an obviously a"knowledgable" seller and write ads with great info and a no-nonsense approach. I believe whichever route you choose on the shipping question that you will have a very successful sale!
All the best,
Gary

Posts: 225 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: 12 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimatcat:
if there's any AMT stuff, i'll be interested... thanks, jim

Jim,
I am not familiar with AMT stuff. What is that, I may have it do not know it.
Ross

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gary hay:
quote:
Here

I tend to appreciate buying and selling with a shipped/insured price. Seems to make a cleaner transaction. Otherwise I think your approach is excellent. You are an obviously a"knowledgable" seller and write ads with great info and a no-nonsense approach. I believe whichever route you choose on the shipping question that you will have a very successful sale!
All the best,
Gary

Gary,
Thanks for the comments. I agree, but some folks prefer the cafeteria approach. I will state what is included and what is not in the pricing.
Thanks,
Ross

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sent you a PM

Posts: 93 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 24 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Inwoukd say list 4-5 at a time with the best description you can. Otherwise a massive list of gun could cause a lot of confusion with too many questions and easy to confuse a response

Then send pics straight from a cellphone to the buyer.

I would also agree include the shipping and insurance prices.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1993 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't say what the best way to list a large number of guns might be, but agree it's just too cumbersome to post detailed pictures of all of them up front. I like the way you're handling the process. I'll be following the thread.

Posts: 1031 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some good advice on this thread. For simplicity sake I would list the whole lot in this format.

-make, model, caliber, condition and price.

Pictures do help if especially if it’s not factory or has exceptional wood. So for the most part I would say just email or text for pictures.
If you list a few at a time then it gets complicated. Just list them all and edit your ad as they sell. Also some buyers will offer to take several sometimes and that makes things tremendously easier in the shipping side. Good luck!

Posts: 93 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 24 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again, thanks for all of the advice.
I will get that list together and post it. I may break it up by manufacturer.
Thanks,
Ross