THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got scrammed
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got scammed for $20,000 but didnt lose it as got my bank accounts frozen and the nightmare began, had to renew my identity, my life, but all ended well, so if I have any outstanding checks on AR let me know..Just beware about opening up anything on the internet, those guys got into my savings and skimmed 20 grand off the top, transferred it to my checking and had me in there hands until they said payment had to be in cash! bell ringer and I froze everything and changed it all. I have to add I was not pleased with the FBI.lack of performance. Beware on responding to internet mail, these guys are smart!!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Ray,

I am glad you did not lose any money. Can you elaborate on what you opened and how they got into your account? The more details you are able to provide, the better to help people not fall into the same trap.

Posts: 498 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How do we know that it's actually Ray :-)

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes...Ray with $20K....I'm highly suspect :-)

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:

Easy question to ask.

How long does Ray hold onto a gun before he sells it.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That sucks , tell us more ..

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1293 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ask him for photos Wink

Posts: 1068 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All that and the FBI too? Do tell us more.

Posts: 699 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray
At 20k believe me we all feel that but that type of scamming is sooo prevalent that it was insignificant to the government to do much. They are after the bigger fish. Count your lucky stars you didn't actually loose it.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:

Your holographic image is fading in and out...

Posts: 10147 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
My neighbors were almost taken. A guy called claiming to be their son's court-appointed lawyer. Saying son had been in a bar fight over the border in Pennsylvania, was hurt bad, but would be transferred 4 hours west to high security prison unless they could provide cash for a bond in 3 or 4 hours. They were going to send a "cop" to come pick it up. Very convincing and they almost went through with it. But pretty sophisticated. They knew the adult son was away at school and was unavailable by cell phone somehow (social media probably). I've since heard of several variations on this scheme. Mostly with grandkids. Obviously not what happened to Ray, but an example of how sophisticated and brazen these folks are.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Ray----Did you forget that you owe Me $20,000 ?

Hip

Posts: 1822 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got an email from the Geek Squad, they maintain most of this areas computers saying I owed them $645 that I knew was wrong. they gave a number for the Geek squad to punch which I did and I was scamed at that point. they called me and said they would correct and refund me two checks one for $200 and one for $400 plus and which they did and changed the decimal on the 200 to make it 20,000 but I owed them $19000 plus a little..makeing a long story short I got the $19000 out to get a chashier as my bank account showed they wwere correct, they said just fax the cash in the smoke shop that had a machine to send cash amounts, I refused that and had the cash in hand, I called geek squad and they said I did not owe them and no bill was sent out, In the meantime I was setting the guy up to come to my house and get the cash, but the authorities said he is just playing games (maybe but you don't know unless you try) then the bank froze everything and the bad guy walked to scam some other poor bastard..they were laundering somebody's money with my money. The excuses from LE was Terrible..I was a DEA agent for my career and did a lot of organized crime and cartel undercover work it was worth a try but nobody was listening if we keep ignoring the capture aspect of these criminals, it will just get worse, but nobody's listening..He knew where I lived was wanting to send a friend to pick up the cash, no criminal would trust a "friend" with 20.000 cash! so the friend was the perp himself perhaps but if he was actually a friend, then we have someone who can be interrogated. Right or wrong its better than ignoring a crime..I know one thing the fed gov can locate and capture anybody under any circumstances! take the number of drug lords in US prisons!! that were in hiding..Anyway hope this helps all carefull about opening email.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hipshot,
You scammed me, that H&H royal double turnrd out to be a Harrington Richard Sears special!! I know where you live!! and have my washbard. no water board. hilbily

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been seeing a Dillon 650 for sale on Facebook that looks suspicious + one guy made the recommendation that the seller should post pics of the assembled unit with a pic of him along with a card showing that day's date.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post