THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SOLD: Winchester Model 12, 20 gauge
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Need a good home for this Model 12 Winchester in 20 gauge, manufactured in 1947. It has a 28-inch barrel choked modified, but I measure it a little closer to improved cylinder -- great for quail and doves.
It's seen plenty of use, but is in good mechanical condition, with the smooth, fast pump stroke the Model 12s are known for. Stock could use refinishing, and there appears to be a hairline crack where the grip meets the receiver.
Asking $350 face to face within an hour of Abilene/Sweetwater. If FTF, I have 18 boxes of Federal Top Gun 20 gauge shells 7/8 ounce of No. 8, that I will sell for $5 a box.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16397 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great gun! With some TLC and maybe a restoration that would make someone one fine shotgun! I have a Model 12 20 gauge made in 1948. I also have a 16 gauge Model 12 made in 1922 that shoots 2 1/2 inch shells since Winchester did not offer the 2 3/4 inch chambers until 1927 across their complete line of Model 12s. I had the 16 recently restored by a gentleman in West Virginia who specializes in restoring Model 12's, and it's beautiful! I also just picked up three cases of 2 1/2 inch shotgun shells from RST Ammunition to shoot in it, so I'm all set. Big Grin

Posts: 18537 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
You are indeed set, friend. My first shotgun (not including the Iver Johnson .410 ...), was a Model 12 16 of about the same vintage as yours, with Nickel Steel barrel and 2 1/2-inch chambers. Quail came to fear that gun -- even in my hands. Big Grin

– John Green, author

Posts: 16397 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will purchase and pay for shipping if you are willing to ship

Posts: 774 | Registered: 20 July 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ill be 2nd and take gun and ammo both, if bt8997 cant make it work...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2828 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys, I sure appreciate it. I have a couple of dibbses in the queue and will let y'all know.
Bill

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
then i'll make it easy, let the others have it, thanks..

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2828 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim, sent you a P.M.

Posts: 4230 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
SOLD, SOLD, SOLD, fellas. Thanks.

– John Green, author