THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    Dakota Model 97 Deluxe Hunter 300 Win Mag (SOLD)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dakota Model 97 Deluxe Hunter 300 Win Mag (SOLD)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an incredible and extreemely rare version with a jeweled bolt and XXX Turkish Walnut stock. It is a safe queen with very few rounds down the tube, perfect bluing and only a few very tiny handling marks. It is a "Don Allen" era gun which increases the desirability as well.

The premier US Dakota dealer has appraised it at $6,000. It seems pretty high to me but rarity and incredible wood set it apart from the usual plain synthetic stocks on most all Model 97's.

Planning to take it to Africa in a few months, I purchased it from an estate which advertised it with a poor and very dark photo. Once I saw it I decided it was not going with me to the rough part of Africa I hunt.

Consequently, I need to buy a good 300 WM right away to take with me. I am offering this model 97 at $3750 or am willing to trade for the right rifle with cash considerations either way.

I have decent photos available for interested parties if I can't get them to post here.

Posts: 197 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: 12 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck with sale sounds nice I am interested in where you are going that’s so rough you won’t take a nice rifle. Sounds Interesting! See if you can post some pics

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunt in numerous locations around Namibia and in particular, Zimbabwe where the Mopane and thorns are tough on nice wood. I've taken a number of good guns there including a Dakota Safari 375 I owned back in the day. However this one needs to stay in the shape it's in. I can find something more appropriate for the bush. If I don't sell this one I will probably put it in a gunsock and find a nice spot to store it as guns of that age, make and quality appreciate.

Posts: 197 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: 12 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Must it be a .300 WM? I’ve got a few that could fit the bill, but all some ballistic “equivalents” or so.

I’ll take a look and see what’s in synthetic or wood that’s ok to accept a “kiss or two” from what sounds like a grand hunt.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20084 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help with the pics Jon. You are always so kind to us technically challenged folks! I appreciate you...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gary, no problem....glad to help.

Posts: 20084 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Thanks

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi, I’ve got a basically NIB Savage Impulse.300 Win Mag that I have cycled the action to see how fast and smooth it works. And I have a lot of trading guns and stuff to trade plus cash. pM me if interested. Mike

FourTails

Posts: 914 | Location: USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last call before I sell this rifle to the dealer...$3250

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does the scope come with the rifle? If it does, I’ll buy it for your asking price of $3,250 if you pick up the shipping/insurance to my FFL in Tennessee.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The rifle sold earlier today and is pending. If it doesn't go through for any reason I will message you right away. Thank you for your offer.
Gary

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ll buy it for your asking price of $3,250

Hey, look at all the money you saved! :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yessir:-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rifle is SOLD