THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blaser LH S2 Double Rifle in 375 H&H
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Friend wants to sell his LH Blaser S2 double in 375 H&H. These guns are different, but well made and accurate. The Blaser and Krieghoff doubles are the only ones that can be carried with rounds in the chambers due to their design.

He's looking for $8,500

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Weight?

Posts: 251 | Location: w mt | Registered: 12 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy, there's one on Guns Intl that lists the weight at 8 lbs, 14 oz. The wood and metal are much plainer on that one....my friend's must be an upgraded model of some sort....maybe a Luxus?

https://www.gunsinternational....cfm?gun_id=100494155

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also, this is the largest caliber in the S2 in which the muzzles are adjustable. So unlike most doubles where you're stuck with just the load the gun was regulated with, you can pick your ammunition and adjust the regulation to that load. Shoot 235gr for Hogs and Whitetails up to 350gr for Cape Buffalo or elephant.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Deal with you or directly with him?

Posts: 251 | Location: w mt | Registered: 12 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy, I can hook you up directly with him. PM me your email and/or phone #.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs... you sure seem to know a lot of southpaws. Something in the water over there?

Beautiful gun, great price.

Posts: 1308 | Location: South Puget Sound, WA | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it does seem a bit odd. Both are/were Blaser guys...maybe that's an oddity common among them :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crap!! it is left handed :-(

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What distinguishes it as a lefty , is it just the raised cheek piece? Is the safety tang mount ? Is there cast off or cast on built into the stock design...?

Just curious , it's a beautiful gun ..

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1294 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob, not sure on them. A true LH would have the front trigger yo the left of the rear, and the opening lever would open to the left. The safety would remain the same, as it's a lever that pushes forward to load the firing pins into battery. I'm not sure if they went to that much trouble on a Blaser. it was a relatively limited production gun, and a LH offering would have been much more limited.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Bob, not sure on them. A true LH would have the front trigger yo the left of the rear, and the opening lever would open to the left. The safety would remain the same, as it's a lever that pushes forward to load the firing pins into battery. I'm not sure if they went to that much trouble on a Blaser. it was a relatively limited production gun, and a LH offering would have been much more limited.

The triggers are in the standard right hand configuration. Blaser didn't change them for left handed guns. I enlarged the picture and confirmed that on my computer.

Basically, the only difference is the stock & cheek piece.

None of my left handed Blaser rifle wood on rifles or combination guns has detectable cast and is very neutral. I have a left hand BB97 combination gun (O/U)and see no cast in it, only the proper cheek piece.

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 676 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup, you're right...I checked as well. They only add a cheekpiece and palm swell stock to a gun with a RH action.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a lefty Blaser F3 and as dumb as it sounds having a lever that opens to the left is one of the simplest and coolest details. Beautiful rifle and if I had the funds I would be all over it.

Posts: 436 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bump for a beautiful, very functional gun. I have seen it and held it. It’s the real deal and so is the seller.

"One shot is usually enough..."

Posts: 487 | Location: OK | Registered: 02 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post