THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    WTS Sako L61R, Finnbear Deluxe, Pre 72 Receiver, 375H&H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS Sako L61R, Finnbear Deluxe, Pre 72 Receiver, 375H&H
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is a "transition" Sako, and built by Sako on a 1966/67 L61R receiver by Sako for Garcia.

A very nice example of Sako’s flagship model. The rifle became part of my “Sako” collection and have only fired to confirm functionality.
The stock has some hunting/handling use and does have the second hidden crossbolt in the grip area. Plenty of barrel relief from the chamber forward. The recoil pad could probably use replacing as it feels a bit hard but can definitely be used as is. The “black glass” metal finish is excellent with only a bit of fading in the crown. The floor plate shows the deluxe scrollwork of the pronghorn antelope. A fold down rear sight has been added by a previous owner.
The serial number dates this receiver to between 1966 and 67 and the rifle was probably built in 1972.
The rifle comes with aftermarket bases but the scope that I used to test is no longer on, or comes with the rifle.

I offer some pictures and will be adding more. If you desire any other angle or close-ups, send me a text or email.

Prefer FTF and willing to travel up to 30 miles of PSL at Rt95 exits.
$1725.. Reduced, $1650. or reasonable Offers.
Must be at least 21 years old and Florida resident plus, CWL preferred and B.O.S.

If you need shipping to your FFL, add $75 for insured USPS shipping, CONUS, in a hard case with a copy of my Fl. Driver’s license. If you need shipping from my FFL, shouldn’t cost more than an extra $25.
wizard78(at)bellsouth.net Text/voice 8AM-9PM E.T.: 77two9two4999five

Posts: 1550 | Location: SE Florida | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2578 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with this very nice rifle, but it is in no way a "Pre-72". It will not have the third ("safety") locking lug at the rear of the bolt. If originally imported to the U.S. it will be marked with the Garcia imprint on the underside of the barrel just in front of the fore end.

Often referred to as a "transition" model, it lacks engraving on the trigger guard as is common in Deluxes of this era.

But none of these comments are intended to degrade it as a fine rifle and great shooter. Just wanted to clarify an error in the use of a term, "pre-72", which has some significance to Sako enthusiasts.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Stonecreek. Ad modified.

Posts: 1550 | Location: SE Florida | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back to top with reduced price.