THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB: H&R 999 Sportsman Revolver
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking for a Harrington and Richards, 9-shot, break-open revolver known as the Model 999 Sportsman. Not looking for a collector. Just a good quality shooter. You can send an email to brentd@iastate.edu or post here.

Thanks

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those were fine little pistols! Wish I still had mine from my High School days... traded it off for a Ruger auto. Just sad...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7538 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brent, I looked for one for some time, but then settled on a S&W K22. I'll still pick one up eventually. I used to own the 999 that H&R displayed in their lobby years ago, all engraved and such. Wish I kept it.

Posts: 20111 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Biebs, it sounds like you had a great one! I want a fixer upper or maybe a little better, but just a shooter. I've been attracted to a Scoffield for a long time, but they are pricey and I would rarely shoot it. The H&R, on the other hand should be less money and I'd shoot it a heck of a lot. Might even learn to hit with it. I'm a horrible pistol shot.

Always good to have something to look for.

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The search is half the fun :-)

Posts: 20111 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Even more than 1/2 in this case.

Last year, I spent a long time hunting for a 2" 12 gauge. It took maybe 8 months. I made my first trip to the Tulsa gun show (unsuccessful) as part of that, and many other things were learned and seen along the way. After that, it was an intense summer of load development but crowned with 4 trips north to hunt grouse. It was perfect!

This probably won't be that great, but it will be fun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This might have enough cross over for you to find it interesting.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1033051636

Posts: 1312 | Location: South Puget Sound, WA | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you don't find your 999 and would settle for a H&R 1988 DOM, 649S, give me a shout. It's in very good+ condition and has both cylinders, plus original box and instructions as shown.

Posts: 1553 | Location: SE Florida | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wizard78:
If you don't find your 999 and would settle for a H&R 1988 DOM, 649S, give me a shout. It's in very good+ condition and has both cylinders, plus original box and instructions as shown.

That is a heck of a nice gun. I suppose the two cylinders are long rifle and magnum. I don't know anything about that model or its value, but it sure looks nice.

For now, I am stuck on the break action because it is a little different.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1152 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by degoins:
https://www.gunsinternational....cfm?gun_id=102510939

Here's one.

that's a nice one. I think a later version with the plastic grips and faux vented rib. I thought I had found them all on GI, but not this.

Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're welcome.

DRSS

Posts: 1152 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Brent,
I have one for sale. Will send you a direct email as it will be easier if you want pics.

Geoff

Shooter

Posts: 620 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoff:
Hi Brent,
I have one for sale. Will send you a direct email as it will be easier if you want pics.

Geoff

That sounds very interesting.
My email is BrentD@iastate.edu

Where are you at?

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 79 | Location: Montana | Registered: 11 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post