THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB 9.3x74R double
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for a 9.3 of modern manufacture. Have a Chapuis 470 that I like a whole bunch, and now want a lighter double for plains game.

Posts: 730 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Chapuis in 9.3 - 74R
It shoots both barrels into about an inch @100., if you're interested.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1098 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll send you a PM.

Posts: 730 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those Chapuis are great rifles. I bought one a few years ago from Dale when a bunch of us here on AR got into a group buy.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Traded for this one a number of years ago.
Shoots excellent and have new Brass if needed.
Merkel 220E in very good condition. If interested, let me know and I'll take more pictures and see what would be a fair price.

Posts: 1550 | Location: SE Florida | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks but I’m lookin for a sxs. Beautiful rifle, though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
HT send me a PM I have a very nice 9.3X74R I'm about to put up for sale.

srose

Posts: 2830 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about a Krieghoff? I have 3 9.3 DRs and don't need this one. Nice scope on it.
I'll post pictures if you are interested.

Posts: 17102 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
Those Chapuis are great rifles. I bought one a few years ago from Dale when a bunch of us here on AR got into a group buy.

Wasn't that group buy like 18-20 years ago?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dpcd, please do post a couple of photos. I'd like to see it !!

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17102 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snowwolf, yes, I think it was about 18 years ago, + the prices then reflect it. As I recall, I bought the rifle with the Q.D. rings + case for $4750.00. It was a good price + it helped by having several of us going in together. He was limited by weight as to the total amount he could bring back. He usually brought back X number cases of German beer, but had to forego that because of the overwhelming interest in the rifles.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a like new Chapuis in 9.3 - 74R cased w scope
It shoots great

pm if you're interested.

I have TWO 9.3 DRs and don't need both

" .... you never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early .... "

How to Hunt Wisconsin Whitetail Deer with a Cannon

How to Hunt Feral Cats with a Mortar

Posts: 2115 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, buckstix. I am already looking at a few guns with other AR members, so will likely pass for now. Appreciate your responding!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Visited with Hogbreath today and I came home with a gorgeous 9.3 Chapuis.My thanks to all who responded and sent pix of some classy doubles. This is a great group of hunters using this forum.

Also want to add that Hogbreath is a gentleman of the first water. Very much enjoyed meeting both him and his lovely wife, Barbara