THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    SOLD: Browning Citori Hunter Model in 12 gauge with extra chokes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SOLD: Browning Citori Hunter Model in 12 gauge with extra chokes
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Sold

Greetings AR Members,

I am continuing to thin my firearm collection. A Browning Citori Hunter Model Over and Under in 12 gauge is up for sale. Here are the details:

Browning Citori Hunter Model

• 1996 manufacture date, Japan production
  • 12 gauge, 2 3/4” and 3” chamber, action is still tight on face, action release lever sits tight at slightly right of center
  • 28-inch barrel with ventilated to rib, red fiber optic hunting sight, no middle bead, I believe barrels are chrome plated, steel shot proofed with proper choke
  • Single selective trigger/safety combination, trigger is gold plated
  • Stock is plain walnut that has been refinished with 8 coats of Tru-Oil, Pachmayr Decelerator pad installed, and checkering recut and finished. The buttstock at the heel has a dark-colored knot that slipped through the factory inspection. It was painted with brown paint to hide it and I only found it on refinish. It is structurally sound and I flooded it with thinned epoxy to stabilize it but it is visible. This is a plain Jane hunting model. This would make a great upgrade for a new shooter as the Citori line has stood the test of time.
  • Stock dimensions: LOP = 14 ½”, DAC = 1 ½”, DAH = 2 ¼”, no measurable cast, slight pitch per factory
  • Weight is 6 pounds 6 ounces

Six Browning Invector Plus chokes are included:

• Full, flush-lead only
  • Modified, flush-lead or steel
  • Improved Cylinder, flush-lead or steel
  • Skeet, flush-lead, or steel
  • Extra Full Turkey, extended, lead only
  • Bansner TruGlo TG 156 Turkey, lead only
  • 2 choke wrenches included

I am asking $1200 now $1100 including shipping from my FFL to your FFL. I prefer a USPS Money order, but I will take a personal check held for clearance. No PayPal. I can accommodate other payment forms except for credit cards on request. I am happy to answer any PM questions or provide more details. The first public forum reply “I’ll take it” gets the sale based on the time stamp. See the photos below. It is hard to photograph the gun without some glare/shadows and it may look like defects but if you zoom on the photo you'll see they are photo imperfections.

Thanks
Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I own that same shotgun and I love it. I was looking at several over unders back when I was buying. I went to a sporting clays range near me and saw that they were renting these guns, so I rented one to try it out and loved it. The range manager told me that after a decade of experience, they only buy Citoris for rentals because they stay tight and they just don't wear out, despite having thousands of round put through them each year. That made me chose to order one.

Posts: 129 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 15 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Friday for the comment and your experience. Yes, I agree the Citori is a well-made Browning gun. It's hard to sell it because of that but it sits in the back of the safe and other projects call.

NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the weight of the gun?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, sorry I missed recording it. That is an important factor with a shotgun. On my calibrated shipping scale it weighs 6 pounds 6 ounces. It balances between the hand pretty well and comes to the shoulder easily. I am 6'3 with long arms and the dimensions fit me well in light clothing. Hope that helps, let me know if I can provide more information.

Thanks for your interest,
Paul

NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a stable of Citoris from fancy to plain. Love every one of them. Great shotguns. Big Grin

Posts: 18530 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
I have a stable of Citoris from fancy to plain. Love every one of them. Great shotguns. Big Grin

I’ve come to the conclusion that you like Brownings. That certainly prove you are a Utah native, good choice!

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Weekend bump and price reduction.

NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
All PMs replied to.

Thank you,
Paul

NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sold,

Thanks for all your interest,

Paul

NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ve come to the conclusion that you like Brownings. That certainly prove you are a Utah native, good choice!

clap Yes, indeed!

Posts: 18530 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post